GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
So,my question is ...why when I use L9 in my 2020GMC Terrain Denali the start stop is disabled ? Also is there anything that could go wrong using L9 as opposed to D ?
I have also found that if you come to a stop without holding foot down hard on brake pedal the start stop does not function....but it is a pain in the ass.....it was my own fault for not asking when I was buying.....it would have been the deal killer for me.
When you put it into L, that’s what disables it. L9 is when you limit to the 9th gear in L mode. So for example, when you put into L6, you limit it to the 6th gear. There’s nothing could go wrong to put it into L9. Its just that you turn off the start stop function.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When you put it into L, that’s what disables it. L9 is when you limit to the 9th gear in L mode. So for example, when you put into L6, you limit it to the 6th gear. There’s nothing could go wrong to put it into L9. Its just that you turn off the start stop function.
This is what I do every time I drive it. In L9 it responds just like in D.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will continue doing that then,but when the mod comes out for the 2020 I think I'll buy it anyway.
Now the million dollar question....why does L disable it ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will continue doing that then,but when the mod comes out for the 2020 I think I'll buy it anyway.
Now the million dollar question....why does L disable it ?
I'm thinking in the software they put some qualifiers like the engine must be up to temp, shift position must be D, etc. They either excluded position "L" for a reason, like maybe adverse conditions expected, oh you must be on a steep grade, or they just didn't think anyone would do that. Anyway, it's a handy "bug" if they just missed it and I hope they don't fix it.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts