Automatic transmission: just taking away your right to shift
Intermitent wipers: taking away your right to wipe when you want
Power windows: taking your right away to crank the handle
Seat belts: taking away the right to fly out the window
Cruise Control: taking away your right to be an annoying dead foot driver
Power Stearing: making all of us fat due to lack of exercise
Tire Inflation Monitor: taking all the fun out of "will we make it or not"

LOL! The list could go on....

I know my Traverse has this ability. Interesting they took it off. But I'm not missing it. I love the auto-lock feature!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I learned to wear seat belts the day I saw the remains of an accident. I was just 16 and a few weeks old at the time. The car I saw had a head on impact, and the windshield had two outward bulging imprints, both painted red. It doesn't take too much imagination to understand why the bulges were they and why they were red... :( I always wear my seatbelt. Always.

Another thing that always made me think was the videos of the crash tests where the front of the cars were run into barriers, usually on the front corner. Watching the vehicle crumble and the crash test dummies fly forward shows a really harsh impact. Those crashes are done only at 35 MPH. 35! Wow... Normal street speed limits in my area are 40 to 45 MPH. Of course a lot of them go faster, me including at times.

Fortunately, I have not experience with the On-Star crash response. *knocks on wood*

But in response to the topic, I don't see that a locked door will keep any emergency workers out of a vehicle. They've got the tools to remedy that problem if needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.