GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Auto Clock Setting Function

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Alan47717 
#1 ·
Took first road trip last couple of weeks in June into CO and for some reason the vehicle clock stayed on AZ time (which is PT this time of year as AZ doesn't do DLST). The settings are correct in the system for the change to occur just as cell phones do.

The infotainment system has enough foibles that I live with, but this one seems particularly strange seeing how it maintains correct time while in whatever time zone it thinks it's in.

#2 ·
Possibly a unique time zone change is only sensed by the vehicle system by a phone being cable connected ? Phone knows it's location via what tower it's connected to.

#4 ·
At least mine isn't the only one. After rereading the manual and reviewing the settings I don't understand why it doesn't behave like a cell phone with regards to the time update function.

I have two old flip phones that aren't connected to a provider and they both still update the time correctly so I don't think it has anything to do with the car not having any "pay to play" services.

Reactions: rednox301
#5 ·
At least mine isn't the only one.
No, yours is not the only one.
I am also from AZ which has the one hour difference from no daylight savings time.
After several trips to Texas, I have yet to manually reset the time to equal the correct local time.
It does take at least overnight to do it on its own.

Is GPS/Onstar involved?
Regardless if you have an active Onstar account, if your compass automatically resets, your GPS is active.

#7 ·
No GPS, no OnStar, no Nav, no XM, no anything requiring payment.

Trip was from Tucson to Denver and back over two weeks. Should have been ample time for it to reset the clock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.