GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Terrain and I have a qustion. When the auto climate button is lit so is the air conditioning light. If I turn off the air light, the auto light goes out. Is this normal?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes it is. No cause for concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep..basically means. the whole system is 'on' and in auto control....A/C compressor isnt actually running..but system active and will automatically turn on compressor if needed...(you will hear the A/C compressor turn off and on..)

You can go into the settings and have it turned off, I believe..

I leave it on...works great especially in winter..I set it to 'Auto'...and remote start the car..let it warm up..always nice and toasty!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I would have to agree with the previous posts that this is normal operation. If you have further questions please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also just purchased the Terrain and the auto climate control blows my mind. Read the manual twice, leave the settings to auto and when started in the AM, the fan does not run full and does not heat the car within 10 minutes. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just a guess, but how cold is it there? 10 mins enough time for coolant to warm up enough?

·
Registered
249 Posts
ron1019 said:
I also just purchased the Terrain and the auto climate control blows my mind. Read the manual twice, leave the settings to auto and when started in the AM, the fan does not run full and does not heat the car within 10 minutes. Any suggestions.
Lol, when in Auto mode, the fan will not "blast" at full speed while the engine is still cold. I wouldn't want it to do that. If you leave it alone, you'll notice its speed will intensify as the engine is warming up. That's how it should operate, so I'm mot sure why I would want it any other way, like blasting me with cold air

·
Registered
289 Posts
CFRTim said:
Lol, when in Auto mode, the fan will not "blast" at full speed while the engine is still cold. I wouldn't want it to do that. If you leave it alone, you'll notice its speed will intensify as the engine is warming up. That's how it should operate, so I'm mot sure why I would want it any other way, like blasting me with cold air
I agree with that. I'm from Ohio and work 3rd shift. This past weekend overnight we hit 15 degrees one night. It still took a 5 minute drive after the 10 minute auto start (it shut off just as I opened the car door) for it to put decent heat out and the fans to kick on full. I looked at the temp guage and it was maybe about 10% and mine gets to just about 45% when fully "warmed up" on the engine.

So that goes along with Terra-Nox's comment too about 10 minutes to warm up. I think if one has the I4 (like I do) it takes even longer for it to warm up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ron1019 said:
23 degrees, but the fan does not run in full force.
FWIW, there is a setting on *mine* that is in the touch screen "vehicle setting" menu. It is under the top selection...I don't recall the sub-menu name, but it's like air quality or something. In that menu is an "auto" fan speed control and when selected you can then select off, low, medium or high...I haven't played with it or found it in the manual, but this *might* be what you're looking for...I did find the blurb in the manual about auto start climate control settings being based on outside temp as well...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The last thing I want is full force fan when air is in the single digits ( F ). Second thing I don't want is full force fan drawing ice, snow or whatever, into the heating system, melting whatever and then depositing a mist across the entire inside of my windshield. The idea that the "auto" heating system "automatically" adjusts to air temps and, the air conditioning system will, when "automatically" deemed necessary, "automatically" dehumidify incoming air, is great! The number one benefit is, of course, the "auto" system can automatically stop my wife ( co-pilot, organic GPS, driving instructor, traffic enforcement officer and sound effects machine :help:) from complaining about to much wind in her hair. ;D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
curtm220 said:
FWIW, there is a setting on *mine* that is in the touch screen "vehicle setting" menu. It is under the top selection...I don't recall the sub-menu name, but it's like air quality or something. In that menu is an "auto" fan speed control and when selected you can then select off, low, medium or high...I haven't played with it or found it in the manual, but this *might* be what you're looking for...I did find the blurb in the manual about auto start climate control settings being based on outside temp as well...
yep, I agree check this setting..my was set to 'medium' ...which I find is fine...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Condor2449 said:
The number one benefit is, of course, the "auto" system can automatically stop my wife ( co-pilot, organic GPS, driving instructor, traffic enforcement officer and sound effects machine :help:) from complaining about to much wind in her hair. ;D
Well put.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yay for bachelorhood

This thread finally answered my question of if there was any difference between a/c or heat(no a/c) at the same set temperature on the thermostat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts