GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use the auto climate control, the screen always shows that it is set to recirculate. I'm wondering how accurate that is. On my Malibu there were lights for inside/outside air, and when I had it on auto, neither light was ever one. The mechanic told me that auto simply uses whichever is best for the given conditions, but I could never understand why the Malibu didn't show me which one it was using. Is the same true for the Nox?

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's correct. When the HVAC is in Auto mode, the screen will will show the recirculate icon with auto under it and no indicator lights on any of the buttons except the "Auto" button. You can manually turn on/off recirculation with the button (though I'm not sure if doing that will disable the Auto setting)

·
Registered
338 Posts
vince730 said:
That's correct. When the HVAC is in Auto mode, the screen will will show the recirculate icon with auto under it and no indicator lights on any of the buttons except the "Auto" button. You can manually turn on/off recirculation with the button (though I'm not sure if doing that will disable the Auto setting)
Changing the recirculation mode will turn auto off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changing it only turns part of auto off (it's still auto "level" -- where the air is directed -- and auto fan). I just wanted to know how I could tell if A/C was using inside or outside air... apparently, there isn't any way to figure that out when it is in auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts