GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here goes my first problem... I posted earlier about my audio system not working. At the time, I thought it was related to plugging in an iPod that had a completely dead battery.

This morning, the problem is back without the iPod. If the engine is running, all I hear is a rapid clicking sound from the speakers. No other sound no matter what source I choose. As soon as I switch the engine off, the radio comes back. I'm guessing it's related to the noise cancellation system since it only happens when the engine is running.

Of course, I've got a long trip to take next weekend - the first in my new car. If it isn't fixed by the time I leave Friday, I'm going to be seriously upset... :mad:

I've learned something interesting from this though. The sound of the turn signal is apparently generated by the audio system. With this problem, I've obviously got the radio turned off. When I turn on the turn signal, I hear the radio power on and the rapid clicking instead of the normal turn signal noise. As soon as the turn signal cancels, I hear the radio power off and the rapid clicking goes away.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I hope you get it fixed in time for your trip, bkpe2010.
I wonder if this "rapid clicking sound" is from a burned out turn signal or brake light?
Just a thought and as I said, hopefully you'll have it fixed in no time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went out again later today and the audio system is working again. I'm debating on whether or not to take it in. I hate to waste my time taking it to the dealer if there's nothing "broken" for them to look at. I somehow don't think they'll put a lot of effort into troubleshooting when there is no apparent trouble.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yea it would be nice to Reproduce what is wrong..I know when I play songs either on HDD or usb mem stick sometimes it skips..slows down..etc but goes away... :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
dude that sucks really badly. If it were me, I'd at least alert the dealer. Actually, maybe if you get it to them Monday morning they could have a good look through it? and give you a loaner car if you are lucky?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: My wife and I went to breakfast on Sunday and when I started the car, the audio was out again. When we got to the first traffic light, I noticed I could hear the turn signal, powered on the radio and there was the sound. I guess I'm going to keep my service appointment for Tuesday and see if they can find anything. I don't have high hopes that they'll fix it, but I guess it's worth a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts