GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our NAV equipped Terrain the audio source reverts to USB/iPod upon start up. I had TSB PI0285 (NAV Update) performed and it still does it, even though the problem's listed on the TSB. I would think the audio should revert to the last selected source.

It's very annoying to have music playing from the USB memory stick every time I turn the ignition off and on. How does it work on your Terrain?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Equinox for 6 months now..I have the same problem. Sometimes, it goes for amazingly long periods with not issue like this. Other times it does the same thing. It is VERY annoying, especially if you use a large hard drive for storing music and have to scroll through along list to get to your song again!

Do you run into the Nav "agreement screen" issue also?

Just letting you know that others have this too..

·
Registered
341 Posts
DavidPJ said:
On our NAV equipped Terrain the audio source reverts to USB/iPod upon start up. I had TSB PI0285 (NAV Update) performed and it still does it, even though the problem's listed on the TSB. I would think the audio should revert to the last selected source.

It's very annoying to have music playing from the USB memory stick every time I turn the ignition off and on. How does it work on your Terrain?
Hi DavidPJ, it "may" be that it's finding the USB drive a bit late upon start up. For instance, if a USB device is plugged in during normal radio operation, the mode will immediately switch to USB - however, if it detects (or thinks) that the USB device was never disconnected, it should revert back to the last used source. Does this occur with different USB devices (e.g. with a compatible iPod or iPhone, or even a different USB drive)? I've had one or two instances whereby my "older" iPod was late booting up, hence tripping the USB detection and causing an immediate switch to playing the USB device.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts