GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have SLE-2 with upgraded premium pioneer sound. Something Ive noticed which is a bit irritating is that if I have the source on a CD, ipod, or radio - When I turn the car off, then get back in....the audio sometimes defaults to AUX INPUT source, not the same source I was last listening to. Is it just me?? Cant understand what causes this!

Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the same SLE2 with a pioneer and mine has never changes the source on me while I have been away but I haven't tried using the USB input yet.
Is there any chance that whatever you have hooked up through the aux input is doing some sort of "auto play" feature on startup that is redirecting the stereo?

·
Registered
29 Posts
SnowItch said:
If something is plugged into the usb port, it will be auto-recognized and switch to it.
Same here, I've noticed that when I plug my ipod touch in it will automatically change to that input and I would have to change back to FM/XM manually. I love this feature actually since I don't have to change anything when I plug it in.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
JTrollerb said:
Hi, I have SLE-2 with upgraded premium pioneer sound. Something Ive noticed which is a bit irritating is that if I have the source on a CD, ipod, or radio - When I turn the car off, then get back in....the audio sometimes defaults to AUX INPUT source, not the same source I was last listening to. Is it just me?? Cant understand what causes this!

Thanks!
Are you leaving or plugging something into the AUX port, such as a USB stick or iPOD?
Are you pushing the Source Select button on the Steering wheel control without realizing it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing i have plugged in, is my ipod. I have my ipod sitting at the bottom of the armrest storage, and never unplug it from the usb port. But it defaults not to this source, but to AUX. Sometimes it does, other times does not. Cant seem to figure out what causes the defaulting.

And Im sure I am not accidentally clicking the source button.

·
Registered
7 Posts
JTrollerb said:
The only thing i have plugged in, is my ipod. I have my ipod sitting at the bottom of the armrest storage, and never unplug it from the usb port. But it defaults not to this source, but to AUX. Sometimes it does, other times does not. Cant seem to figure out what causes the defaulting.

And Im sure I am not accidentally clicking the source button.
I've seen this intermittantly with my Zune. Just speculating but my guess is it is a device detection issue. I have noticed that if I turn the vehicle off with the Zune connected then start it without the Zune it will default to aux. I have also noticed that my Zune doesn't always detect immediately in which case it comes up at aux. I usually have to unplug the Zune and plug it back in to get it to detect when this happens. Only happens when I am using the Zune in the USB port though never happened using the radio or XM. Haven't put a CD in it yet so I can't comment on that scenario.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Premium Pioneer sound system w/ Nav and keep an iPod permanently plugged in to the USB port in the console and the system always starts up to the band/input it was left on when I turned the car off. It has not switched inputs on its own even once.

Do those who are having this issue have Nav? Perhaps there is a difference/bug in the code in systems w/o Nav.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have the NAV system, and still cant seem to figure out what is causing it to change the source to AUX. Only does it sometimes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SnowItch said:
This actually makes sense, since Aux is the next device in the sequence (if you were to scroll through the devices using the steering wheel control. If the device it is expecting is missing, then it goes to the next device in its sequence.

Which Zune are you using?
Zune 80. Worked really well at first but then there was a Zune software update and playlist behaviour is kind of wacky now. go figure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Shuffle (Ramdom) Mode

In case I missed a way to do this: Is there anyway to make "Shuffle Play" the default when playing files from a usb/aux device? I hate having to turn shuffle back on each time I start the vehicle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Non-Nav and USB thumb drives. I always set the play to shuffle when using one of my flash drives with a bunch of music on them. However, each time I shut the vehicle off, playback defaults back to shuffle off. Wish the default could be changed to shuffle on.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
tmozer said:
Non-Nav and USB thumb drives. I always set the play to shuffle when using one of my flash drives with a bunch of music on them. However, each time I shut the vehicle off, playback defaults back to shuffle off. Wish the default could be changed to shuffle on.....
I'm running into another variant of this issue myself, also non-nav and using a flash drive.
I use the search function to select an album from the album list and the next time I get in the vehicle it starts playing the song I had last been listening to from the point I left off at but instead of keeping with the album I had selected it always defaults back to the "all songs" list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently started to have the same problem as well. It used to work just fine (I've SLE-2 with NAV). When I turn the engine off and start it back on (after 1/2 hour or so), the audio source has changed and it lost the last track I left off. If I turn the engine back on within 1/2 hour or so, it remembers and goes back to the same source and the same track I left it off.

Very annoying when you listen an audio book - you lost where you left off. Besides my fast forward moves at snail's pace. Have you taken yours to the dealer? Any update?

Thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts