GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cross-shopping cross-overs for about a month now and I'm finally leaning towards the Equinox. However, I'm dead set on getting a V6 engine. It appears that availability is limited to the Equinox Sport, which is fine, but I can't seem to find any of them online. Chevy's website doesn't even list the V6 as an option. Is the Sport a really rare variant? If so, I guess I'll go check a Ford Edge or Nissan Murano. Both appear comparable to the Nox Sport.

Does anyone here have a Sport?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
The Sport was a 2009 model. Not rare here in central Indiana. I see quite a few on the street.
The new 2010 Equinox is a different animal compared to previous years. The base engine is an I4..4 cyc. a different 6 cycle is now an option. The Sport is no longer offered in the 2010 lineup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Equinox

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe the Sport had a V8 engine, at least the one I looked at did.

G

·
RSchleder said:
I believe the Sport had a V8 engine, at least the one I looked at did.
The Equinox Sport came w/ the DOHC 3.6 VVT (LY7) engine and the 6T70 tranny

As for rare....they are rarer than the regular nox if that is what your asking

They where available in 08 and 09

G

·
TheWilldog said:
I've been cross-shopping cross-overs for about a month now and I'm finally leaning towards the Equinox. However, I'm dead set on getting a V6 engine. It appears that availability is limited to the Equinox Sport, which is fine, but I can't seem to find any of them online. Chevy's website doesn't even list the V6 as an option. Is the Sport a really rare variant? If so, I guess I'll go check a Ford Edge or Nissan Murano. Both appear comparable to the Nox Sport.

Does anyone here have a Sport?
If your purchasing new...the redesign has I4 and V6 options (3.0 LF1 engine)

As for rare...I would say roughly 25% of the Nox's are V6 (2010+ that is)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I owned an 08 Sport AWD, which I ordered on Aug 07, arrived in nov 07.. lot of fun driving..
just trade it in on 2011 Terrain... Sport had 49,700 miles on it..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sport is very rare. Has Enclave/Traverse eng and about 1" lowered suspension. 6 speed tranny. Made only 08-09 I think AWD only/

MM

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Extremely rare if you are looking for a new one. So rare in fact that if you go to a dealer and ask to see one, you'll likely get a blank stare followed by them herding you toward the 2010/11 Equinox LTZ with a V6. ;D

Seriously though, the little bit of extra performance wouldn't be worth buying a used last gen Equinox....starting with the 2010 models, GM fixed all the little faults that were present in the 1st gen...and slapped a swanky new body on the platform. ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I personally never minded the old Equinox (or Torrent) look from the outside. And the look of the Sport Equinox with the dual exhaust and nice wheels was even better. What always turned me off about those vehicles was the interiors. GM vehicles were off my radar all together until I saw the 07 Sierra, 09 Malibu LTZ and of course the Theta twins. Never was a big fan of GM interiors before that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I ordered mine in 07, dealer told me the engine 3.6, was out of the Acadia, and you could of got an AWD or FWD..

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 1st gen E was noisy also. But a decent vehicle overall. The SPORT was a nice unit but rode hard. The 3.6 Acadia/Enclave eng made it fly! Always a trade-off I guess.

We need an Equinox Super-Sport!! ;)
MM

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
Motorman said:
We need an Equinox Super-Sport!! ;)
MM
Seems like I read some place that it is on the way, along with a Terrain Denali. Be patient...

G

·
RIT333 said:
Seems like I read some place that it is on the way, along with a Terrain Denali. Be patient...
They will never and I say NEVER call an Equinox SS

GM even stated this. GM regrets letting many cars carry the SS logo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Never say never.................... ask Sean Connery! ;)

If what you read is correct, I agree some of them Shouldn't have been called "SS" as they had little more than the badges and some chrome........ I drove a 2008 Cobalt SS and that was a hoot! Low priced power for a budget.

MM

G

·
Motorman said:
Never say never.................... ask Sean Connery! ;)

If what you read is correct, I agree some of them Shouldn't have been called "SS" as they had little more than the badges and some chrome........ I drove a 2008 Cobalt SS and that was a hoot! Low priced power for a budget.

MM
2008+ SS/TC Cobalts where designed for something different (I had one w/ 323whp/383wtrq). The 2007 Cobalt SS/NA (2.4 VVT w/ auto) should've never had the SS badge, and in 2008 it was called sport, when GM started to fixed the just given out the SS badge, reason the Nox Sport came about, and Pontiac allowed the Torrent to have the gxp logo (they had no issues)

And it will never happen......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts