GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
The Cadillac SRX is a pretty good car. I own a Cadillac SRX. Due to the brand and the price of the car is also quite high. So I wonder if my car breaks down, is it expensive to repair the car?
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
No, most mechanics realize that you spent a lot on your vehicle, so you must now be broke, so they will usually fix your vehicle for free out of the goodness of their heart.

But more seriously, most shops either charge a flat rate for a repair based upon a book rate, or an hourly rate based upon how long it takes to do the job, and a Caddy should cost about the same as any other car.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Who actually can identify that ''component'' ? Us old fogies' can and have operational experience😂😂.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Didn't think I was an old fogie...since I know what it is I guess I am..

·
Registered
261 Posts
2007 DTS water pump $850

JMHO if you are worried about cost you shouldn't looking at caddy :oops:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Actually a mechanical adding machine. . . .

Kind of like this . . .

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
The true mechanical ones had a handle to total, yes I'm that old. :(
I thought about posting one of those. .. . but thought it would be too much of a stretch for most readers here.
Plus. . . the first electric ones were just modified with an added electric motor. . . so they say. . . . :whistle:

Although . . . . my "brother" told me about the hand operated ones. . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
My dad had that exact same one...he could make that thing hum!

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
When I first started by real job, we used to have adding machines that had a bit of memory, and we could put in a bunch of computations, and it would run for a few minutes crunching away. Them HP came out with the hand calculator, and HP 35, I think, that cost $400, and could do very little, maybe just add, subtract, multiply and divide and I guess a few scientific functions. Ah, the "good" old days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts