GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been wanting to swap my lt2 headlamps for the ltz projector headlamps. I am not sure if I need to take the whole front end apart or if there are a few screws that I just need to take out. If anyone knows let me know!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If this is for a Terrain application, for both headlamps, removing the front bumper saves alot of grief.
I believe, it is also the recommended removal procedure from GM.
The bottom leading edge of the headlamp, approx. 1 inch or so, is actually covered by the bumper.

Of course, it has been done, I've seen what happens, but I wouldn't recommend it. Very small, to no tolerances between headlamp and bumper. Paint and damage to edge of bumper may occur.

Just IMO[/color]

·
Registered
149 Posts
OnxBear said:
If this is for a Terrain application, for both headlamps, removing the front bumper saves alot of grief.
I believe, it is also the recommended removal procedure from GM.
The bottom leading edge of the headlamp, approx. 1 inch or so, is actually covered by the bumper.

Of course, it has been done, I've seen what happens, but I wouldn't recommend it. Very small, to no tolerances between headlamp and bumper. Paint and damage to edge of bumper may occur.

Just IMO[/color]
Wait so, I thought the only difference is the bulb/housing/inside design of the projector headlamps on the LTZ models? I didn't think the whole headlight assembly was that much larger or sat that much differently at the front bumper...verses a non-projector setup on a stock vehicle? Is this the same for the Equinox? Unless I read your post incorrectly... What I'm getting at is that deep in the back of my mind I envisioned swapping out the headlights for stock projectors some day (and rewiring everything), but that dream is effectively shattered if they'll sit all wrong on the bumper...?

·
Registered
978 Posts
How "they sit" in the front facia is the same between projector and non projector...

How you remove and install can be done two different ways...

Remove the facia for a clean R & R...(which in itself is time consuming)

Or try to sneak it out with damaging results...(because about an inch of the housing is "inside"/beneath the facia)

·
Registered
149 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
How "they sit" in the front facia is the same between projector and non projector...

How you remove and install can be done two different ways...

Remove the facia for a clean R & R...(which in itself is time consuming)

Or try to sneak it out with damaging results...(because about an inch of the housing is "inside"/beneath the facia)
Ok so I read it wrong then, good. As long as it's possible I can keep my dreams alive thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts