GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
Basically anything from p0008- p0028 is the timing chain... But yea it happens all the time, one code causes another and another. Did you check the part numbers on the phasers when you had it all off?

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
Yea that's a probably a crank position sensor. If theres like a ton of codes maybe check the battery voltage when running 14+v

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah they was the 917- 254 both and all the codes are p0016 p0017 and a p0335 I forgot that one

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I could take a guess... When the engine is cold too much valve overlap will cause poor engine performance. ( stumbling - hesitation etc. ) So the software designers program out any changes to the exhaust cam timing while the engine is cold, limiting valve overlap to a minimum.
Stopwatch any ideal how to correct the overlapping I've took it all apart and looked it over and reset the timing and still get those same readings.any help thanks

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
Product Font Screenshot Parallel Automotive fog light

Did you get the connection fixed for the crank position sensor? According to Amazon 917- 254 is a intake cam phaser only... Seriously some acdelco phasers will help your issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah I've seen that on the phaser I've been looking for the ac Delco and the plug I've got it on there got the snap working.and here's what I did put it out of time and the reading never changed.well I've tested exhaust solond
and I have very little power going to it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm wondering if I was off on the balance shaft timing would this cause my problems and the codes.

·
Registered
2010 chevy equinox 2.4
950 Posts
No, the balance shafts could be totally removed and you wouldn't have any problems. Even if you were totally off/ backwards you would just get a little vibration.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts