GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted to do halo lighting in the headlights. However our DRL's run the darn headlights all the time and a halo around a light that is on all the time = lame.

The SRX has a small light that is lit during the day. I wonder if there is a way to make the DRL's run a halo around the main low beam and then when you need your lights they work off the automatic light feature like they do on the SRX.

It would be an easy mod to do if you had an SRX. You bake the light to make the glue goooey. then you remove the front cover and install the halos and then pull the wiring through. There might be an issue with the voltage and the wattage if the halos didn't match the lighting that the drl is supposed to see.

Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
749 Posts
AMG Eric said:
I really wanted to do halo lighting in the headlights. However our DRL's run the darn headlights all the time and a halo around a light that is on all the time = lame.

The SRX has a small light that is lit during the day. I wonder if there is a way to make the DRL's run a halo around the main low beam and then when you need your lights they work off the automatic light feature like they do on the SRX.

It would be an easy mod to do if you had an SRX. You bake the light to make the glue goooey. then you remove the front cover and install the halos and then pull the wiring through. There might be an issue with the voltage and the wattage if the halos didn't match the lighting that the drl is supposed to see.

Any ideas or thoughts?
You mean something like this? Its's an 80MM CCFL halo. IMO they look better than LED's and are just as bright... Theres a guy who deconstructs the headlight housing and installs them...

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but we have a drl circuit that cant be separated. if we could separate the circuit i would do that in a heartbeat

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
NODES said:
how about going directly into battery and control it with a switch?
Then you would have to remember to turn them off. Better to pick up a circuit that is hot only when the car is running. IMHO

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RIT333 said:
Then you would have to remember to turn them off. Better to pick up a circuit that is hot only when the car is running. IMHO
yup. what he said. And ad to the fact that your drl lights will wash out the clean effect of the halos.

·
Registered
673 Posts
AMG Eric said:
yup. what he said. And ad to the fact that your drl lights will wash out the clean effect of the halos.

can you not pull the DRL fuse to get around that issue though?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NODES said:
can you not pull the DRL fuse to get around that issue though?
no fuse to pull

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you buy a relay kit for HID lights u can bypass the DRL and still use your reg headlights just got to run the wires as long as u dont mind that u should be all set i dont know how you would capsure the DRL for your halo's (FYI most people call them angle eyes) but that would get rid of half your problem

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bobbym83188 said:
if you buy a relay kit for HID lights u can bypass the DRL and still use your reg headlights just got to run the wires as long as u dont mind that u should be all set i dont know how you would capsure the DRL for your halo's (FYI most people call them angle eyes) but that would get rid of half your problem
i think you are assuming there are 2 circuits that feed the headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts