GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My main concern if it will work with the premium pioneer Amp. I prob would need to remove the noise canceling fuse, but shows it supports the climate control on screen. Hopefully supports the oem backup cam.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Watched a install on a cruze on YouTube, is simular to Terrain and looked like direct quick install. Would solve the whole issue with aftermarket decks. Climate control shows on screen etc, so may be a option. I know they android radios can be hit or miss, but would be a good option if it does work. The settings for mileage, look at tpms etc are hard buttons on side of this tesla style, so should in theory work fine. Looks like it does not retains the CD player and may not support the oem backup cam, but comes with one. I might bite and try it. There are 2 models, one for the small screen radios and one for the larger 7 inch one, the screen moves a little lower on the larger screen setups. Has built in dsp also and android auto, could use Google maps etc. Prices are around mid $400 area, depending on how much Ram and space.

·
Registered
2015 GMC Terrain - V6 AWD
2 Posts
I'm really curious about this system. One of the biggest disappointments in my 2015 GMC is the infotainment system (base model w/no GPS). I'm not a fan of an expensive 2nd screen in the lower pocket area. If this is all 'plug and play' with a bit of programming for steering wheel controls, I'm very interested for $400ish.

·
Registered
2010 GMC Terrain - SLT - V6 - 225K Km's (~140K miles) - Gold Mist - Largely restored
37 Posts
I'd be all over this - if I could get one off Amazon, or a place that had a HOPE of a return if it blew chunks. Aliexpress? Gooooooood luck with that. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have bought many high price phones over $600 on Ali and was able to get money back easy when one was not 4g usa capable. I hear of people having issues, but over past 5+ years I been happy with Aliexpress. I am more worried not so much about the particular seller, but getting a android stereo that could be glitchy. Ones on Amazon they would mark up the item by $200 and ship from same place, still is a pain if it's not totally broken right when getting it, they will use excuses that wasn't installed correct etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I been debating it over and over, around $500 with 4gb ram 64gb storage, don't think I would want less ram, would be too glitchy I think, but 4gb should do. It's my wife's Terrain, but then seen a android replacement for my Rams 8.4 uconnect radio that looks oem for me for around $350. Will let you know if I do get it for the Terrain. I like the features, ac on display and has a DSP with a lot of EQ bands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts