GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm currently leasing chevy equinox 2019, and because of the current market I'm thinking about buying it.The current market drove me to learn as much asI can about cars andI noticed that chevy are not so great, not only thatI noticedere mixed opinions regarding the 1.5 L 4 cylinder engine turbo that the equinox has. As far asI knowI don’t have any problems with the car, and there were no recalls on it, so for me so far the experience had been great but I also only own this car 2.5 years and drive 20,500 miles on it which. So I was wondering if there is anyone here who owns equinox 2019 with high mileage that can tell me about the experience, should I avoid buying it? Was it able to pass 100,000-150,000 miles? How the engine and the transmission work with a car with high mileage?
thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have not read about anybody with 2018 model that have gone to 150K miles...but i have read a few mentioning 75K miles.
Most people who drive the average 12KMiles/ year would be close to the 50K miles if they bought in 2017 or 2018 (like me).

You should just browse through the threads here and see how much complaints people have on the 1.5T or 2.0T models as compared to the 2.4 or 3.6 previous models .... most problems i have read here are not mechanical as in the 2.4 models but with electrical or infotainment and other such issues. Although chevy sells around 200K noxes every year...you'll notice the activity on threads here have gone down as compared to previous years.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Compared to what was going on around here when I first joined back in 2014, it has been mostly a ghost town. I stop in every once in awhile to sweep the cob webs. I still have my 2016 3.6 and loving it. Very disappointed that GM dropped the 2.0 and are not replacing it. Supposedly the 2.0 had a very low take rate. The 1.5 is adequate but just barely if you live in rolling hills. Compared to the nightmare 2.4 in the previous generation, the 1.5 engine and transmission have been relatively very reliable which is why this site has been so quiet. I do not see complaints about paint bubbling on the hatchback posts, or at the seams on the bottom of the doors like we used to. GM apparently is building a ho-hum decent and reliable car. If the car meets your needs, I don't see why you should not entertain the idea of purchasing it IF the buyout is reasonable. There has been some minor improvements but nothing major. I will be in the market for another Equinox in another year or two while I am saving up GM Credit Card points. I have considered the Escape and Acadia, but keep thinking the Equinox is ok in my world, but hoping GM comes out with more power for my hills. Have a feeling that I will not see it until 2024 the earliest. My 2016 will be 8 years old, so maybe. Good luck with your decison. See what a 2021 leftover or a 2022 will cost you so you can compare your expenditures.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Compared to what was going on around here when I first joined back in 2014, it has been mostly a ghost town. I stop in every once in awhile to sweep the cob webs.
Lol. I feel the same. I have a CRV too and I post and reply a lot on that forum. Seems more then this and the CRV is the wife’s suv.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every so often I go on my app like cars.com. Search for 2018+ equinox and look at the car faxes. There is one 2018 and has 195k on the car fax. It has the same engine. Just curious to see any repeat issues or when people are changing things out, fluid wise. Mine is in the shop and the wife wants me to dump it. This is from a person who gets a new car every 2 years. My plan was to keep this for some time. Had me thinking of that new Venza but even though I can get more for mine. I won’t see any good deals on a new vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Holden Equinox LT
28 Posts
My 19' Nox has 52,000 K's on it, and not a single issue yet

·
Registered
206 Posts
87,000 on a 2018 LT2 2.0 L, nothing serious. Some minor issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts