GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS, AWD 1.5L
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just following up if anyone has been contacted or has had their heated seats finished yet. I was one of the early 2022's that was missing the heated seats due to the chip shortage.

Just wondering if anyone has any news. I asked my contacts here in Canada and they have heard nothing as of yet.

Jason

·
Registered
781 Posts
Last I heard, new production models were still seeing the heated seats being constrained at the factory. Owners won't see a retrofit until the production line is able to include them as well. Pure speculation, but probably several months away from this chip nonsense getting resolved.

There were a few weeks where local dealers started having inventory. Now it is worse than ever. Completely barren lots, closing early each day, etc.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS, AWD 1.5L
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last I heard, new production models were still seeing the heated seats being constrained at the factory. Owners won't see a retrofit until the production line is able to include them as well. Pure speculation, but probably several months away from this chip nonsense getting resolved.

There were a few weeks where local dealers started having inventory. Now it is worse than ever. Completely barren lots, closing early each day, etc.
Interesting, I know someone who has taken delivery of a 2022 Equinox that came with the heated seats about a month ago. Maybe they got some chips and are now running short again? I have a 2023 Trailblazer RS on order for my wife currently at 3000 Status with a TPW of Aug 15th. Currently no restraints, dealer has already delivered a few that came complete with heated seats and steering wheel. Information seems to change weekly.....Maybe the fact it is coming from South Korea helps? LOL

Jason

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
276 Posts
I read an article from GM Authority a couple weeks ago (or similar name) saying they have enough chips to cover production but no word on when they will have them for the retrofit.

I was at the dealer last week for my SD Card issue and asked the service manager about the heated seats chip, he said he hasn't heard anything. Hopefully we get them before fall - that $50 discount isn't gonna warm my butt that much!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I got lucky. We had to travel about 100 miles, but the Equinox we got three months ago was “intact” - all equipment was present. It was an earlier 2022 model, built before the chip shortages hit.

My wife’s main concern wasn’t the heated seats, but the heated steering wheel, which IIRC wasn’t an omitted item on the Equinox but was omitted on some larger models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read an article from GM Authority a couple weeks ago (or similar name) saying they have enough chips to cover production but no word on when they will have them for the retrofit.

I was at the dealer last week for my SD Card issue and asked the service manager about the heated seats chip, he said he hasn't heard anything. Hopefully we get them before fall - that $50 discount isn't gonna warm my butt that much!
Awesome... thanks for this information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts