GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the subject liner for a 2011 Terrain in the version that fits in the cargo bay with the rear seat set right back & the back upright.

Primarily to contain dog fur. I am not sure if its the excitement of going for a ride, but the dog sheds fiercely when its in back.

The product is well made, but has a plastic hook attachment system that requires the hooks to be jammed down between windows & the interior moldings at several points.

http://www.hatchbag.com/suvcargoliner_hatchbag.php

I am wondering if anyone has fitted one of these yet & in particular how they went about getting the plastic hooks between the windows & the interior moldings without damaging the moldings.

I am hesitant to do this as the interior moldings & windows in our Terrain have good tight fits & the Liner will need to be pulled out if we want to run some planks over dropped rear seat backs. Thus the clips will be removed & put back more than several times in the life of the vehicle.

They suggest using a Credit Card, but the plastic clips appear to have an edge at least 1/16" thick, if not more.

LW4T

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Longwait4Train said:
I am not sure if its the excitement of going for a ride, but the dog sheds fiercely when its in back.
I guess that is the downside of buying a great vehicle - even your dog realizes it ! LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By way of update - I spent a bit of time at the weekend & figured out a way to install it that I am satisfied with.
It allows me to put it in place without having to jam plastic clips behind trim panels, & I can remove it in 25 seconds, if necessary.

The Hatchbag 'back' that runs across the rear of the upright rear seats when they are pushed right back has an adjustable length plastic hook system in the 2 top corners.
I found that by sliding the 2 hooks right out to the end of the straps they sit on, I can catch them in the slots for the rear seat belts.
1 each side.
This supports the back end of the Hatchbag firmly in place and because the Bag is sewn as a 'Unit', the rest of it can 'sit' in the cargo area.
To keep it tidy, on the LHS I tuck a flap into the molded space over the wheel arch & on the RHS I lock the top one of the 2 'D' rings that are just inside the hatch down on to the top clip on the Hatchbag at that point.

The surface of the bag is smooth but very 'grippy', which is great for limiting items from sliding about.

LW4T

·
Registered
830 Posts
Why don't you post a picture ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts