GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Huskyliners Weatherbeater front and rear floor mats last Friday. I already have the rear cargo tray and have no issue with it.

I was driving to work Monday morning and started hearing a rattle coming from what seemed to be the dash area in front of the driver, when driving over sharp bumps. I thought "well here we go... the infamous dash rattle" as I had an intermittent one in my Sierra as well. While at the office (after considering actually using the 60-day satisfaction guarantee and return the vehicle) it occurred to me that maybe the new rattle had something to do with the floor liner. Sure enough I removed the driver's side floor liner and the sound quit. I tried placing cardboard between the liner and the plastic where there was contact but no luck.

Has anyone else had this experience? It's driving me crazy... I think I will be sending these things back, although I'm bound to lose money as I had to pay almost $30 in duty/fees when I picked them up from the post office.

Anyone have Weathertechs in their Terrain/Equinox?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Terrain said:
I received my Huskyliners Weatherbeater front and rear floor mats last Friday. I already have the rear cargo tray and have no issue with it.

I was driving to work Monday morning and started hearing a rattle coming from what seemed to be the dash area in front of the driver, when driving over sharp bumps. I thought "well here we go... the infamous dash rattle" as I had an intermittent one in my Sierra as well. While at the office (after considering actually using the 60-day satisfaction guarantee and return the vehicle) it occurred to me that maybe the new rattle had something to do with the floor liner. Sure enough I removed the driver's side floor liner and the sound quit. I tried placing cardboard between the liner and the plastic where there was contact but no luck.

Has anyone else had this experience? It's driving me crazy... I think I will be sending these things back, although I'm bound to lose money as I had to pay almost $30 in duty/fees when I picked them up from the post office.

Anyone have Weathertechs in their Terrain/Equinox?[/color]
I haven't heard of Huskyliners, but we've ordered and are waiting on these:

http://www.weathertech.ca/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=1406&Year=2010

They should be in next week some time.
Are they similar to Huskyliners?
If so, maybe we'll reconsider!
:)
Can you provide some links or pictures to compare?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had originally ordered Weathertechs just before Christmas, then I was told not to expect them before the end of January, AT LEAST, due to them being on backorder. So I cancelled that order and went with Huskyliners.

They are comparable to the Weathertechs in most regards... I'm just trying to figure out if their design is such that they push on some plastic trim somewhere and cause this rattling sound I'm experiencing.

http://huskyliners.com/Custom Molded Floor Liners?ct=29&d=2&dt=30#ColorChange

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm definetly thinking about going with the Husky Liner WeatherBeaters as well. Does anyone have a true experience with both the Husky Liners and the Weathertech's? Looked kinda as though the Husky's covered a little more than the Weathertechs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just recieved our Husky's. We think they are awesome. The molded fit is great, and they have a nice "cup" to them, so any liquid stays inside the mat. The back seat floor is nice too, it covers that little bump. A+ from me.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gmc_noob said:
Just recieved our Husky's. We think they are awesome. The molded fit is great, and they have a nice "cup" to them, so any liquid stays inside the mat. The back seat floor is nice too, it covers that little bump. A+ from me.
So no unusual sounds from the driver's side footwell area after you installed them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
redlight_005 said:
I'm definetly thinking about going with the Husky Liner WeatherBeaters as well. Does anyone have a true experience with both the Husky Liners and the Weathertech's? Looked kinda as though the Husky's covered a little more than the Weathertechs.
I've owned the Husky Liners in the past but now have the WeatherTech DigiFit mats in both the Yukon XL and the Terrain and would use nothing else. The look is less utilitarian (the Husky Liners I had were the diamond plate design) and fit absolutely perfect. For the Terrain I purchased both the front and rear sets and you would think they came with the vehicle they look so good.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
OhioX14 said:
I've owned the Husky Liners in the past but now have the WeatherTech DigiFit mats in both the Yukon XL and the Terrain and would use nothing else. The look is less utilitarian (the Husky Liners I had were the diamond plate design) and fit absolutely perfect. For the Terrain I purchased both the front and rear sets and you would think they came with the vehicle they look so good.
We should have our weathertechs next week.
Placed the order right around New Year, so glad to hear it'll hopefully be worth the wait.
The GM rubber mats are nice, but they should've covered the driver side left foot rest area, in our opinion, which is totally exposed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
gearhead said:
We should have our weathertechs next week.
Placed the order right around New Year, so glad to hear it'll hopefully be worth the wait.
The GM rubber mats are nice, but they should've covered the driver side left foot rest area, in our opinion, which is totally exposed.
Let us know what you think. I think the set I purchased for the Terrain fit even better than the set I purchased for the Yukon XL and I was impressed by those. Did you order the cargo mat? They had nothing available for that when I ordered and now offer a universal "trim to fit" product which at first glance doesn't excite me too much.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
OhioX14 said:
Let us know what you think. I think the set I purchased for the Terrain fit even better than the set I purchased for the Yukon XL and I was impressed by those. Did you order the cargo mat? They had nothing available for that when I ordered and now offer a universal "trim to fit" product which at first glance doesn't excite me too much.
Will post some pics after the weathertech front and rear mats are installed.

No rear cargo mat ordered yet.
Right now, the cargo mat consists of the original carpet mats that came with the vehicle as well as some generic rubber mats strategically placed to cover the cargo area.
The cargo organizer sits on top of that heap.
;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope, not a single noise. We love them, and i would tell anyone to get them. There is so much salt and muck on them already, its nasty. We live in the far country, and they are fantastic

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gmc_noob said:
Nope, not a single noise. We love them, and i would tell anyone to get them. There is so much salt and muck on them already, its nasty. We live in the far country, and they are fantastic
Thanks for the response! I guess I'll put them back in and go from there....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I noticed the weathertech liners utilize the tabs in the floor to keep mats in place.(re:unintended acceleration) Do the huskyliners also have this feature?
I couldn't zoom picture of huskyliners enough to see. Looks just like a bump to go over the hook in the floor.

I would like to order some floor mats to go with my brownstone leather interior, I ordered. Which colour of mat would look best. I think carpet is black.
I was thinking tan might lighten up the interior a little and not show the dried salt as much.

I looked at GM supplied winter floor mats. They are made of a really soft rubber and don't cover much of the floor area. They also do have the holes in them for the floor tabs.

What colour did you pick with your brownstone Sno?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roesterman said:
I noticed the weathertech liners utilize the tabs in the floor to keep mats in place.(re:unintended acceleration) Do the huskyliners also have this feature?
I couldn't zoom picture of huskyliners enough to see. Looks just like a bump to go over the hook in the floor.

I would like to order some floor mats to go with my brownstone leather interior, I ordered. Which colour of mat would look best. I think carpet is black.
I was thinking tan might lighten up the interior a little and not show the dried salt as much.

I looked at GM supplied winter floor mats. They are made of a really soft rubber and don't cover much of the floor area. They also do have the holes in them for the floor tabs.

What colour did you pick with your brownstone Sno?
The Huskyliners do have tiny little pockets that are meant to slip over the carpet hooks. They are not open like the OEM mats, as obviously the water contained in the liner would leak out through the holes. I would go with black if I were you. Any other colour would draw attention to your mats, unless that's what you're looking for.

I have the GM OEM rubber mats and they don't provide much protection. They would be suited to spring/summer/fall use, but not winter (if it snows in your area).

·
Registered
635 Posts
We do get snow(Niagara area), but its the white salt residue that gets left behind that is so obvious on black.
I had complete sets of the weathertech mats in my last two Montanas but they were weren't the deep dish types.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Roesterman said:
We do get snow(Niagara area), but its the white salt residue that gets left behind that is so obvious on black.
I had complete sets of the weathertech mats in my last two Montanas but they were weren't the deep dish types.
The tan mats look pretty good in that pic, IMHO.
8)
I was thinking grey for our Terrain, but being Carbon Black with Jet Black interior, the grey would probably draw attention away, as Terrain stated a couple posts up.

·
Registered
635 Posts
gearhead said:
The tan mats look pretty good in that pic, IMHO.
8)
I was thinking grey for our Terrain, but being Carbon Black with Jet Black interior, the grey would probably draw attention away, as Terrain stated a couple posts up.

Yes, I ended up getting black to match the jet-black floor area. I will let salt residue brighten it up. ;D I followed snowItch's lead. Maybe salt will be done before I get my 'Nox!

·
Registered
163 Posts
redlight_005 said:
I have used the Huskies in both of my trucks and my Pontiac Vibe. Fantastic! In and out of the vehicles alot and with the snow here in Michigan alot come in the car on my boots. Just took them out of the Vibe after 4 year and a good vacuuming and the carpet looks like NEW! No salt stains, no coffee stain-nothing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is an older thread but I have some questions pertaining to floor and cargo liners and didn't want to start another one! I have been debating between the husky liner weather beaters and the weathertech floor liners and cargo liners...what I have found is that the weathertech ones seem to be a bit more pricey and they are not as readily available (will have to wait longer). For this reason I am leaning towards the husky liners. However, I got an impression from somewhere that the weathertech ones for the rear cover the little "hump" in the middle and the husky liners don't, is this true or do they both cover the hump? If the husky liners have this covered as well I think I will go with them :). They both seem to have the same molded design with the "lip" that goes part way up the walls around the floor area so I like that :).

My only other question, which may be a silly one, is whether ordering them through my dealer is a good idea or not? I read somewhere that someone did this because it saved them shipping costs and I was wondering if this was true?

Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts