GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
From what had been posted online, GM will activate the module that controls the heated seats. I am guessing it is either a replacement module with all of the necessary chips, or they pull the existing module and add the missing chip to it. The retrofit program runs until October 2025 after which they will not retrofit any more vehicles.

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,627 Posts
Dealers are not installing ''chips'' into modules. They are installing modules and if needed turning on the BCM to accept the new module.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
333 Posts
My dealer told me the process will take about 20 minutes, so it's not overly complicated. As of yet, I have not been contacted to come in for the retrofit. Early Sept they had not yet heard when they will get the parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand the retrofits are under way. Has anyone been contacted or had this completed? Do you know what parts are installed for this retrofit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Checked myGMC app for a recall notification for it. I saw it for mine today. Will have this completed this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
333 Posts
Dealers are not installing ''chips'' into modules. They are installing modules and if needed turning on the BCM to accept the new module.
Yep, you nailed it - from my recall notice:

Repair Description:

Dealers are to replace the front seat heater control module, reprogram the body control module and on some vehicles, reprogram the HVAC control module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts