GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…so now that my ‘15 Nox has 147K+ miles on it, I figured I can stop hand washing it and for $20 per month I get unlimited car washes at the new car wash 1 exit over. My only complaint is having to unscrew the antenna every time because I can only reach it by opening the back door and leaning across the roof to reach it to unscrew it. I rarely listen to FM radio these days and came across this universal stubby antenna on eBay for less than $3 and thought I’d give it a try…plan is to leave it attached when going through car wash since it’s only 1.4”.
Anyone else running anything like it? Any pros or cons you’d like to mention?
Product Tire Cosmetics Automotive tire Font

·
Registered
140 Posts
You remove the factory antenna when going through a car wash?? Does the Nox have a different antenna than the Terrain?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I never remove the factory antenna before entering an automated car wash. You must have something special installed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
…my father had a ‘14 Terrain with the same antenna as my ‘15 Nox and his local car wash ripped it right off when the giant brush did the roof. I’ve never left it on for the car wash since it just unscrews…the things gotta be 6” or 7” long…
Arm Automotive lighting Vision care Human body Eyewear

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe I am just lucky. I'll keep an eye on that when I wash the vehicle in the automated car wash again.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,996 Posts
Haven’t been to a car wash in 25 years, but the next time I go I’ll be thinking of that antenna now! I know some tree limbs have hit it over the years, making a horrific noise ... hmmm ... I wonder if it’s still up there ...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Car wash is responsible if it rips off factory installed parts. Yeah sign says lower antenna but a short fixed one is not a old school power telescopic antenna.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car wash is responsible if it rips off factory installed parts. Yeah sign says lower antenna but a short fixed one is not a old school power telescopic antenna.
…even if you can get them to pay for it, the effort would be a PITA…I’d rather just get a stubby…

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought one from CravenSpeed when I brought my 2011 home and the antenna hit the garage door going in. It's been on there ever since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts