GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying chrome door handles for my Equinox from ChevyPartsPLUS.com but have never ordered from them and don't know their reputation. Has anybody here used them?
http://www.chevypartsplus.com/product_info.php/door-handles-chrome-p-118

gmpartsdirect.com seems to have cheaper parts prices but shipping is much higher, so the total is about the same.

Any comments?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I ordered from GMpartsdirect last year, quick shipping and it was what I expected. You are right, their shipping is exorbitant, so you need to factor that in.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have ordered from gmpartsdirect.com and gmpartssite.com. Both ship quickly and do what they say. It all comes down to final price with shipping. Here is an example of a recent purchase I had where I was getting the cargo organizer (19202576) and the full set of splash guards (19170503):

GMPARTSSITE.com (GMPS)
Cargo organizer - 96.25 + 9.95 = $106.20
Splash guards - 68.53 + 15.21 = $83.74
Total = $189.94

GMPARTSDIRECT.com (GMPD)
Cargo organizer - 87.50 + 21.00 = $108.50
Splash guards - 62.30 + 14.95 = $77.25
Total = $185.75

At first glance, the best deal would appear to be purchase both from GMPD for $185.75.
But wait, I could get the cargo organizer from GMPS and the splash guards from GMPD for a total of $183.45.

Hmmmm. I decide to see if either site gave a break on shipping when both items were purchased together.
This is what I found...GMPD ended up right at $185.75 with no break on shipping costs.
However, GMPS came to a total of $182.85 [/color] when both were purchased together.

You basically have to take your order to the last step to see the final price with shipping. I know...a lot of effort to save a couple bucks, but that is how I roll ;D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, good info. Looks like gmpartssite is cheapest overall. Thanks everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts