GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 2012 Terrain SLT-1 tomorrow. I snapped a pick of the RPO tag, it has UFU radio. I'd love to get the UP9 mainly for the audio streaming, but the nav features are a nice addition. Looking on Ebay, I can get the control bezel and UP9 unit for around $150.

Curious if anybody has been able to upgrade to intellilink with these parts? Did it need to be dealer reprogrammed after the swap? I searched a few threads here but most are older and inconclusive. The parts seem more readily available now to do the swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I am in the same boat right now. Anyone have a successful experience with this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
For starters, you need the GM Tech 2 and the CAL ID for the UP9 Operating System. This is not Plug & Play as a lot of people believe. Another thing is buying the UP9 Unlocked, because if you buy it from a Junkyard, it will be attached by VIN, CAL ID and GMLAN/CAN Bus to the BCM & PCM. So you have to search for the Tech 2 and the Unlocked UP9 Radio to do it properly. Or paying nearly the same amount of money to have GM do it for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For starters, you need the GM Tech 2 and the CAL ID for the UP9 Operating System. This is not Plug & Play as a lot of people believe. Another thing is buying the UP9 Unlocked, because if you buy it from a Junkyard, it will be attached by VIN, CAL ID and GMLAN/CAN Bus to the BCM & PCM. So you have to search for the Tech 2 and the Unlocked UP9 Radio to do it properly. Or paying nearly the same amount of money to have GM do it for you.

Unlocking is just updating the vin in the radio.

https://www.equinoxforum.net/32-audio-video-nav/28105-2017-equinox-trouble-radio-infotainment-unit.html

And I wouldn't bet on the dealer being able to unlock the "new" radio.... In many cases they are unable to unlock and most of the time will still charge you a couple hundred bucks for their failed effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts