GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a big one - you see after getting a Terrain I did not drive our Camry for a few weeks. Now today I get in the Camry and really dislike it - can't stand being in it. So in a backwards way the Terrain caused the disappointment. I want to get a second Terrain for the Wife but that will not happen for 5 years to save up the $$.

Another NOX thread mentioned how relaxed they are now driving - can only feel the same. After many vehicles this one is great. My only hope is that if performs the same 5 years from now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel the same way...
Our gas-saver is a 2005 Chevy Cavalier, while our new car (and suprisingly almost the same MPG) is the 2010 nox. Imagine going from the Equinox or in your case Terrain to a Cavalier. It's horrible... my head touches the ceiling in the Cavalier. :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My car is an 03 Golf TDI. Hers is the 2010 Terrain.

Only disappointment that I have in driving the Terrain is its not a manual and the lack of low end TQ. My Golf is almost 1k lbs lighter and with the TDI putting out 155 lb/ft of TQ at 1900 RPMs it can really motivate the little car.

OTOH, the Terrain does not dissappoint in one single area so far.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
So far only 2....for me. My wife has none.
1. Seat belt connection to far down and back. It would probably be OK for someone with the seat all the way back and down like my wife.
2. Terrible gas milage. Averaging 16 mpg so far(2700 miles). My Aztek, with almost all the same specs in size, weight and engine, got 17 over the last 9 years. I was hoping with all the hype about DI engines and new technology I would get a little better milage.

·
Registered
315 Posts
GARYD said:
So far only 2....for me. My wife has none.
1. Seat belt connection to far down and back. It would probably be OK for someone with the seat all the way back and down like my wife.
2. Terrible gas milage. Averaging 16 mpg so far(2700 miles). My Aztek, with almost all the same specs in size, weight and engine, got 17 over the last 9 years. I was hoping with all the hype about DI engines and new technology I would get a little better milage.
Direct Injection gets most of its benefits in fuel economy around town. During acceleration they run leaner then your regular port fuel injection...but once curising @ hwy speeds its going to come out about the same imho

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Unfortunately I do very little highway travel.....almost none, but I don't have bumper to bumper city traffic either.
One other complaint is the engine noise from outside the car...almost sounds like a diesel. Inside is very quiet. I do love the throaty sound at full acceleration. ;D

Getting accustomed to my other pet peeve...the remote transmitter....it has no feedback that a signal has been sent which I've discussed on another post so don't need to go over that here.

All in all I'm very happy with the Terrain.

·
Registered
446 Posts
GARYD, how many miles so far? These engines have a history of gaining MPG as they get more miles on the odometer. Many notice bumps up around 2000 miles and 10,000 miles. YMMV of course :D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Have around 2700 miles so far.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
After 200K miles the MPG gets so good, that you have to stop at gas stations every 500 miles and drain the gas tank, or it will overflow ! J/K !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts