GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a loaded 2010 Onyx black on black SLT2. The only options I did not get were the chrome rims, chrome gas cover, and DVD system.

My dealer called to see if everything was OK, and suggested adding the DVD system and the rest of the options. The only thing I regret is not getting the gas cap cover, but I'm not going to go crazy over it . I'm wondering if anyone regretted not getting an option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Only regret is that it wasn't selling as well as it it so I could have gotten some incentives!! I was fortunate to find one with everything I needed, not much I didn't need and most of what I really wanted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The only thing I should have done in hind sight is opted for the SLT-2 instead of the SLT-1. Don't miss the moon roof or the parking assist, but the memory seats are a necessity between my wife and I.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still on the fence as to whether I should have added the AWD, but other than that I'm good with the SLT-2. I didn't know anything about the chrome gas cover until I saw it in some pictures on this forum. I've seen them on eBay for $119 from time to time, not sure what the dealer wants for them installed. Maybe I'll ask someone to grab me one for Xmas.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The chrome gas cover isn't something you can get from the factory on an order... it's an accessory. You can add it at any time.

Scarlet... you should update your signature with your vehicle details.

AWD on the other hand... I swapped AWD for the navigation system on my second Terrain and so far I use the nav a lot more than I used AWD. My insurance is also $10 cheaper per month, and I'm getting over 1 L/100 km better mileage (already at only 2,800 kms) so I'm actually saving about $20 (with gas at $1/L) per month by going with FWD over AWD. This is my first two-wheel-drive vehicle ever and so far it's been a good choice. Ask me again in January...

There are some other threads with 'discussions' (arguments) about the merits of going with AWD over getting a set of decent winter tires. Might want to have a look at those.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Terrain said:
The chrome gas cover isn't something you can get from the factory on an order... it's an accessory. You can add it at any time.

Scarlet... you should update your signature with your vehicle details.

AWD on the other hand... I swapped AWD for the navigation system on my second Terrain and so far I use the nav a lot more than I used AWD. My insurance is also $10 cheaper per month, and I'm getting over 1 L/100 km better mileage (already at only 2,800 kms) so I'm actually saving about $20 (with gas at $1/L) per month by going with FWD over AWD. This is my first two-wheel-drive vehicle ever and so far it's been a good choice. Ask me again in January...

There are some other threads with 'discussions' (arguments) about the merits of going with AWD over getting a set of decent winter tires. Might want to have a look at those.
You should take a pic of your onyx and carbon black side-by-side for comparison...i'd be interested to see the difference!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I regret trading in my old CRV for a very small amount :( Probably I should've kept it
This is the first car in my life that has everything I wished in a car and more... every other one was a compromise and didn't take longer to start regretting many things..

·
Registered
698 Posts
jordanz said:
You should take a pic of your onyx and carbon black side-by-side for comparison...i'd be interested to see the difference!
I'm sure the carbon black has a new home by now... I traded it for the one I have now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Terrain said:
Does anyone know if it is difficult to install on your own? I was looking at the stock cover and it looks like it almost just snaps on and off. The chrome cover might be something I get in a few months if I feel like dressing the Terrain up just a bit more.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
ScarletSpeedstr said:
Does anyone know if it is difficult to install on your own? I was looking at the stock cover and it looks like it almost just snaps on and off. The chrome cover might be something I get in a few months if I feel like dressing the Terrain up just a bit more.
Just a personal opinion, but I think the chrome gas cap covers look bad
Looks like someone had a couple extra bucks lying around that they didn't know what to do with and bought the chrome
With all the other chrome on the vehicle it should look great JMHO

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Have to agree with the former Marine. To me a chrome gas cap cover just looks out of place. Like you had an accident and covered it with the cover.
I have the chrome package and wheels and to me it does seem too much especially the front grill...kinda wish the grill was a little less overwhelming. I was thinking of blacking out a design on it with flat black paint, like I did with my '50's cars grills. ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Count me in as another person not a fan of the chrome gas cover. IMHO, it looks out of place to me on such a classy vehicle as the 'Nox/Terrain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
decee said:
Should have ordered Merlot instead of Silver

No regrets! Have my slt2 since last December. No problems and very happy with the nab and informant system, surpasses higher end vehicles !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts