GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Anyone know of or heard of rebates coming out soon for the 2010 chevy equinox and GMC terrain models

• rebates on terrain?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • terrain rebates?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im stuck in a finance and really want the terrain. If some rebates come out, the car company could use some of the rebate money towards what I owe on my gmc truck now. Any opinions on this would be great.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Highly doubt it. When it w vehicle sells this well, there is no need for rebates. Now, you might get it under MSRP but I doubt there will be 0% or cash rebates anytime soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have to agree, probably won't be any rebates coming. It took me awhile just to be able to see one as they sell as soon as the dealers get them. Actually drove about 70 miles to see one. After that a local dealer got a couple in but just about aevery week those are gone and they have different ones.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you looked into the Credit Union member pricing? That's what I did, and it saved a couple thousand off the sticker price. It's supposed to give you the same price as the GM employee price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i havent looked into that. But I have recieved some news from the salesmen that GM are supposed to be releasing some rebates on the terrain and equinox necxt month. I guess there trying to get rid of the left over models out there. The SLT 2 model I want is one of the last...so hopefully hes right!

·
Registered
830 Posts
marcodiesel said:
No i havent looked into that. But I have recieved some news from the salesmen that GM are supposed to be releasing some rebates on the terrain and equinox necxt month. I guess there trying to get rid of the left over models out there. The SLT 2 model I want is one of the last...so hopefully hes right!
Salesman doesnt know about rebates until they received the info a couple of days ago... i think your salesman think he will have rebates but he doesnt know.

And i would be surprised that they would make a rebate on a bestseller like the Nox/Terrain because they doesnt take anymore orders for it as 2011 will be coming out soon like august....

They dont have very much Nox/Terrain on the lot, they sells like iphones :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really don't know what GM is going to do, but I wouldn't offer rebates on cars that have less than a week supply unsold. The Equinox is even being left off some Chevy ads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm posting from Vancouver canada, haven't seen alot of terrains on the road, a few equinoxs though. The thing is, what are the dealership going to do with the rest of the 2010 models on the lot with the 2011 coming out? All I know is, If this salesmen I know personally is wrong, I'll be paying much above value for my terrain slt 2 model lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
They won't do nothing since there are no terrain left unsold... That's why everyone here have to wait about 3 months to get their own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks like in Canada there are a new set of rebates for pretty well all GM models. I just went online and "rebuilt" my FWD LTZ Equinox I just purchased 2 months ago and it is showing a $3400 rebate for the vehicle. The more options you add, the greater the discount. Appears to be an employee discount.

Even the Camaros are showing some pretty hefty discounts.

Oh well, hate being out $3400 but.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Gregger said:
It looks like in Canada there are a new set of rebates for pretty well all GM models. I just went online and "rebuilt" my FWD LTZ Equinox I just purchased 2 months ago and it is showing a $3400 rebate for the vehicle. The more options you add, the greater the discount. Appears to be an employee discount.

Even the Camaros are showing some pretty hefty discounts.

Oh well, hate being out $3400 but.....
Yes its the "pay what employees pay" program!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I picked up my 'Nox this past Friday and saved a nice chunk due to the Employee Pricing Program!! I was so lucky, GM introduced the program on the day my Equinox arrived at the dealer, talk about timing!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Same for me, sad that they only showed me a saving of $1900 on my Terrain. Ate up half of my negative equity at least.

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's still better than nothing right! My dealer intially told me he would be saving me about $1900, but it turned out to be more than that :).

·
Registered
432 Posts
absolutely, considering if it came in a week ago i wouldnt have gotten any discount on it. well im sure my uncle could have done something, but i wasnt banking on it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The credit union discount is supposed to be good through sometime later this year. Most dealerships are using it to sell any vehicle by doing in-house financing through the credit unions and signing up the buyer at the time of sale. It's kind of hard not to get this discount. So be sure you know if your dealer is or is not using this discount. When my sister bought her 'Nox the dealership did use it in her deal without letting her know. At first they said they couldn't use it, but then did. I hate it when dealers get shady like that. Anyway, she was able to purchase it "at invoice" due to this discount and a small discount by the dealership so she did good overall. Anyway, all offers are usually found here: http://www.gm.com/vehicles/currentoffers/

Personally, I'd recommend getting financing before any trip to a dealership. And get on-line to get the discount. https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/initPop.do?program=cud Then deal straight cash with the dealership. Many of them don't like this, as they prefer to be in control. Personally, I find it kind of fun to jerk them around quite a bit (took us 20+ days to make the deal on our 'Nox) So get relaxed, realize you can be in control, and don't let them get you in a corner. There's nothing like seeing them jump when you try to walk out the door ;)

P.S. if you've got a trade in, pre-estimate it which you can do on-line. Most dealers like to use Black Book pricing: http://web1.intellipriceauto.com/ETRADEINBG/IDENTIFY.ASPX?LCDEALER=3045202&SPANISH=NO&DEALERID=3045202, but you can also get an estimate at http://kbb.com and http://edmunds.com And never ever give them the keys of your trade in until you've made an agreement on final cash price of your new vehicle. If you decide to walk, getting your keys back may be an issue at some dealerships.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts