GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up an escort zr4, and was wondering if anyone on the forums had installed a laser jammer on their terrain?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Most places will pull you over for the fact you cannot be clocked. Its a dead give away you are using a jammer, and if the jammer on your vehicle is found it can be impounded and the fine for the jammer is alot higher then the speeding ticket. As far as I know jammers are illegal in every corner of the US.

So make sure you have a detector too, and when the detector goes off turn the jammer off. That should give you enough time to slow down. Not worth the risk if you ask me. I speed everyday and dont even use a detector and I rarely get pulled over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
cottonseed said:
Most places will pull you over for the fact you cannot be clocked. Its a dead give away you are using a jammer, and if the jammer on your vehicle is found it can be impounded and the fine for the jammer is alot higher then the speeding ticket. As far as I know jammers are illegal in every corner of the US.

So make sure you have a detector too, and when the detector goes off turn the jammer off. That should give you enough time to slow down. Not worth the risk if you ask me. I speed everyday and dont even use a detector and I rarely get pulled over.
Laser jammers are perfectly legal in most states. Radar jammers are very illegal in every state and there isn't a radar jammer on the market that works anyway in spite of the manufacturer's claims. They simply do not work.

Again, laser jammers are legal and are not regulated like radar since they use light waves instead of radio waves.
Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado and Illinois currently ban the use of radar AND laser detectors under a "interfering with police business" statute.

If you want a laser jammer that works and works well the Escort ZR4 Laser Shifter is the way to go. It has had several independent tests that show it does work and does what it claims. It's the one to have. Plus if you already own a newer Escort radar detector, it will integrate with it.

Now having said all of that. I don't promote speeding. I use a radar detector in my Corvette and one in the Equinox (both Escorts) and yes I do occassionally drive over the limit but I do not make a habit of driving way over the limit. I like knowing where the radar is. The best defense is to use what I call "Stealth Mode". Always have someone ahead of you going faster than yourself. Blend in with your surroundings. Use your rearview mirror. Always know who and how far behind you a vehicle is. Use your turn signals for every lane change. Always move over out of the passing lane when you can. Don't attract attention and don't make any motorists mad by doing something stupid. The Highway Patrol is just a cell phone call away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Again, laser jammers are legal and are not regulated like radar since they use light waves instead of radio waves.
Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado and Illinois currently ban the use of radar AND laser detectors under a "interfering with police business" statute.
You are mixing up two different parts of the government. FCC regulates radar, FDA regulates laser. So while it is true the FCC does regulate radar jammers and does not regulate laser jammers but that does not mean laser jammers are legal. Every state has a law that makes them illegal, the ones you listed above only have the term laser jammer affixed to them. Either way you look at it you can try to fight it up you will end up losing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Any laser jammer installs?

I got an escort zr4 cheap, I don't really go that much over the speed limit. I usually keep up with traffic or a little faster. I was looking to get ideas on front hammer head placement.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
cottonseed said:
You are mixing up two different parts of the government. FCC regulates radar, FDA regulates laser. So while it is true the FCC does regulate radar jammers and does not regulate laser jammers but that does not mean laser jammers are legal. Every state has a law that makes them illegal, the ones you listed above only have the term laser jammer affixed to them. Either way you look at it you can try to fight it up you will end up losing.
My point was that except for the states I mentioned there are no federal laws making laser jammers illegal. You state that every state has a law that makes them illegal. What do you base that statement on? Now radar jammers is a whole different area. They ARE illegal in every state. I will concede that various local agencies could have a law specifically banning laser jammers but there are no state wide bans except those mentioned that I'm aware of.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Don't speed and you'll have nothing to worry about :thumb:.
Whether or not they are illegal seems like a moot point to me. More than likely a cop will realize that you are using one and pull you over and cite you for something anyway. Even if using one itself is not illegal I'm sure they will find a way to give you a ticket with something extremely vague as the reason :p.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
move to new jersey where 80-85 mph is the norm :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
cottonseed said:
You are mixing up two different parts of the government. FCC regulates radar, FDA regulates laser. So while it is true the FCC does regulate radar jammers and does not regulate laser jammers but that does not mean laser jammers are legal. Every state has a law that makes them illegal, the ones you listed above only have the term laser jammer affixed to them. Either way you look at it you can try to fight it up you will end up losing.
why would the food and drug association care about how lasres are used on the roads?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
While I don't use a radar detector or laser detector, much less a jammer, there are enough 'speed traps' around some areas that they are helpful.

It's not about 'speeding' it's about speed traps.

http://www.speedtrap.org/
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top