GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2020 terrain SLE 1.5, 10,000 miles now, car runs great. Are their any known issues I need to watch for? Planing on towing a 750 LB 3 seater jetskie, total weight of trailer and jetskie with fuel will weigh right a 1,000lb. Planing on towing in L/7 in town and L/8 at normal highway speed, jetskie shape handles wind real good, wind should not be a issue at highway speeds.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only known issue if you want to call it that is the fact that the car doesn’t use 9th gear on the highway. It will use it if you are under 60 mph but otherwise it doesn’t. I had some other drivability issues with mine I didn’t like which is why I switched to the diesel. As for pulling the trailer, it want be a problem and there is no need to manually lock out the higher gears. The car is smart enough to know what gears to use even while trailering. It’s even smart enough to turn off the backup sensors when a trailer wiring harness is connected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I found that out after checking the forum, I use L range because I don't like the start stop and I can reduce it going into OD on stop and go traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts