GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying the subject hitch (not for towing, but for a bile rack) and wanted to know if the hitch tubes were visible from the bottom of the bumper plastic.

Thanks,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes. there is a removable section that has to come off if you install a hitch and the receiver tube will be visable.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
How do you remove the "section" from the bumper, and can it be replaced when selling the car ?

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
RIT333 said:
How do you remove the "section" from the bumper, and can it be replaced when selling the car ?
Someone must know ???

·
Registered
163 Posts
I installed the Curt hitch on mine and it was VERY easy. Removing the the cover piece was also very easy. A little effort and it pops out. The only visable part of the hitch is the receiver tube itself.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
TerryG said:
I installed the Curt hitch on mine and it was VERY easy. Removing the the cover piece was also very easy. A little effort and it pops out. The only visable part of the hitch is the receiver tube itself.
So, Can I assume that it is safe to assume that it can be popped back in and look "brand new" again, if you want to remove the hitch and re-install the cover piece ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes, you can replace the cut out in the bumper.
I know for sure that the Curt Hitch disappears, only the receiver is visible. You should be sure about the Uhaul hitch, it might be visible under the bumper.
I installed the 1 1/4" hitch, because that is what my bike rack is. It looks factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts