GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due for renewal on 3/24 and I was wondering if anyone knew of any current deals going on. I called them today and basically they told me that I already had the cheapest plan (Mostly Music) and that they couldn't go any lower. Now, sorry, but I find that hard to believe. They want $120 + about $12 for the stupid music fee + taxes for a year. Although I really like it because I can't find a radio station around here that I like all the time, since I am now unemployed I don't drive the car as much and am having a hard time justifying this expense.

One thing the guy did say was to try and call back closer to the time and see what happens then, which I will do, but if they can't do any better I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel.

·
Registered
241 Posts
NancyR said:
I'm due for renewal on 3/24 and I was wondering if anyone knew of any current deals going on. I called them today and basically they told me that I already had the cheapest plan (Mostly Music) and that they couldn't go any lower. Now, sorry, but I find that hard to believe. They want $120 + about $12 for the stupid music fee + taxes for a year. Although I really like it because I can't find a radio station around here that I like all the time, since I am now unemployed I don't drive the car as much and am having a hard time justifying this expense.

One thing the guy did say was to try and call back closer to the time and see what happens then, which I will do, but if they can't do any better I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel.
Hold out and let it expire and you can get a deal. The longer you hold out, the better the deal. Deals in the past have been, $25 for 5 months, $79 for a year to name a couple.

·
Registered
715 Posts
OR, when it's time (3/24), call and 'cancel'. They'll try to keep you by offering a real good deal. I got $30 ($25+junk fees) for 6 months.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yep..hold out for the deal..it will come..

I left Sirius for XM in Dec.2010..Sirius still pleads with me to come back,all sorts of great deals!...( Im with XM...XM/Sirius are combined now..but billing obviously isnt!)

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is a difference in their program line up. Most stations are the same but there are some differences.

My brother has Sirius but I've not compared their station lists.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They have been calling me several times since we said we would not be renewing after the trial period (3/12). They are advertising $175 yr for renewal, I guess $125 would sound like a deal then. I would go for the $79 yr deal, but I'm not going to play games, I ask one time for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RNOX said:
Looks like free XM for the next 2 weeks Also $25 for 6 months (scroll down on the page)

http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3
Thanks RNOX! This is more like it. The cutoff date is almost to my end date so I guess I can do the 6 months and then cancel after that if I can't get a deal. I need to check and see what the "Sirius Select" program is, though. I don't care to have any talk or news channels, only want music. I don't really understand some of their programs, though, since my "mostly music" still has some talk and not all their music channels. I was only able to get 2 of the 4 advertised Christmas music channels, one of them totally crap music. Plus since my radio is XM, not sure if that makes a difference even if they are the same company.

Although I don't use it as much as I used to, I do like to have it when I am doing any traveling because it saves me from having to search for an acceptable local radio station.

·
Registered
977 Posts
NancyR said:
Thanks RNOX! This is more like it. The cutoff date is almost to my end date so I guess I can do the 6 months and then cancel after that if I can't get a deal. I need to check and see what the "Sirius Select" program is, though. I don't care to have any talk or news channels, only want music. I don't really understand some of their programs, though, since my "mostly music" still has some talk and not all their music channels. I was only able to get 2 of the 4 advertised Christmas music channels, one of them totally crap music. Plus since my radio is XM, not sure if that makes a difference even if they are the same company.

Although I don't use it as much as I used to, I do like to have it when I am doing any traveling because it saves me from having to search for an acceptable local radio station.
Just be careful. It auto renewals after 6 months at the regular price.

·
Registered
715 Posts
As an aside: They claim no commercials, BUT they sure do plenty of self-promotion gum flapping.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dwendt44 said:
As an aside: They claim no commercials, BUT they sure do plenty of self-promotion gum flapping.
I left XM about 6 years ago because of that. When they asked why I said I wanted commercial free music. They insisted they were. I said, yes, you may be commercial free but I want 100% music, no commercials, no self promotions, nothing. They said sorry and I cancelled. I figured in one year saving I could buy a nice Ipod, and then after that spend the $12 a month buying music.

·
Registered
977 Posts
mdub said:
you can log into your account online and turn off the auto-renewal
The offer says and it is underlined in the offer detaials "... Service will automatically renew and bill at the then-current rate, on a Quarterly (3 mos.) Plan, until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel.

It would be GREAT if you could logon onto your account and turn off auto renewal. Have you been able to do this after agreeing to a term?

Do a google search on XM or Sirius problems and see how many complaints. After seeing all the customer service problems and the drops didn't subscribe. Every 3 months or so seems you get 2 weeks free

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll just have to make sure that I make note of the date. Although my current plan was supposed to auto renew, they did send me notification in the mail about it. And yeah I agree that they should let you do it online, but then again that wouldn't force you to have to talk to someone so that they can "sell" you. I do know that my neighbor had Sirius and she got tired of them changing the programming on her and she called to cancel. Unfortunately she had a heck of a time getting them to stop charging her card! They charged her for 2 months before she finally got it straightened out and got the charges reversed.

I agree about the commercials but it's totally less than the regular radio and at least I can pick my genre. Will probably date me, but today's music is total crap and it seems to be when I find a station they up and change the format. This way I can change the music to what I feel like listening to at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am due to renew at the first of march and I just got my third offer. Each keeps getting better. In the mail yesterday I got an offer for $29 for 6 months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wayner83 said:
I am due to renew at the first of march and I just got my third offer. Each keeps getting better. In the mail yesterday I got an offer for $29 for 6 months.
Had you already paid anything or this was the end of your free trial? If you had already paid something I'm surprised that they keep sending you offers when they can just auto-renew. But that's good news!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Do HAVE to take 'auto-renew'?

I vaguely recall going on their web site and removing credit card information.
I hate auto-renew. It's a scam in my opinion.
YOU forget, they don't and you might not want another year of this or that. Perhaps that's why I ended up with a good deal after my year was up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
NancyR said:
Had you already paid anything or this was the end of your free trial? If you had already paid something I'm surprised that they keep sending you offers when they can just auto-renew. But that's good news!
No, this is the end of my trial. I am expecting to have to fight for a deal after this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
XM just reenabled my service this week, or at least I just noticed on Monday. Was never informed or anything, I was playing with the radio controls and it's working again, 3mths after my trial period expired.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts