GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen K&N Cold Air Intakes for the 4cly but has anyone seen a CAI for the 6cyl? I emailed K&N to show my interest, but they still have not come out with one

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be cool..I would buy 1 in a hearbeat...Maybe Injen or Rotofab will come out with one.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I've searched high and low and sent emails like USFwrestler, but no avail.

My hubby has been lurking in the engine bay lately, he says its possible for DIY application, he engineered one for his Solstice along with a Supercharger so I may get lucky!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
nice! what supercharger did he put in? how much HP is it putting out now?

looking at putting a supercharger in my Miata.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
wrusprod said:
nice! what supercharger did he put in? how much HP is it putting out now?

looking at putting a supercharger in my Miata.
I believe he used a PowerDyne blower and he incorporated Meth injection as well to keep intake temps and pressure down - had it tuned by Wester's Garage at 5.5 -6lbs of boost for a modest 304hp.
Crazy guy is trying to engineer a larger pulley on the crank for more hp (can't really go any smaller on the blower as to not experience belt slippage do to lack of belt wrap) but I keep telling him to quit!!! ha-ha-ha,,,

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Freakin' awesome !!!

Very sorry to hear about Emiley #1. Have a good friend that just lost a 26 year old son - irreplaceable.

You certainly showed us "your" credentials. Now it's time for Tricia to step up to the plate.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Holy Smokes!!...WOW! that is a fantastic looking car!! lots of HP too!! nice job!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks guys,,, both of you,,,

Alot of Heart and Soul went into that car,,,

She sure is fun though, she like the 'Twisties'

Cheers and Happy Motoring!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts