GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new on this forum, I bought my Nox a few monts ago. Black color it was an exchange of my old 2005 Nox Silver. My problem is that with this new color I saw a lots of dust stick on the paint so I have to wash it every 2 to 3 days. I wonder if there is a soap or wax or somenthing that allow me to wash my Nox and not having this dust stick on the paint?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
I don't think so. Black looks fantastic just after washing it, but is the hardest to keep clean. Your silver car was at the opposite side of the spectrum. It is a tough transition going from a light color to a dark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heap, that's probably true, I miss my old beautiful and shining sailver color hehehe. Well, I guess I will continue washing my Nox every 2 days.

Thanks RIT333!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used this product for years on black paint, it works well... But, remember it MINIMIZES dust, not eliminates it

Finish Kare 425 ... for whatever reason this site won't let me post a link

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you live in an area where you get just a little bit of road dust, a California Duster is a nice tool to use. Granted, this is best used for a little daily dust, not water spots, mud, bird crap or anything like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to make the transition from a dark red to a white top and it's such a hassle to keep clean. Especially during the winter and snow months with all the salt deposits.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Arrowhead32 said:
I tried to make the transition from a dark red to a white top and it's such a hassle to keep clean. Especially during the winter and snow months with all the salt deposits.
I would think that going from dark red t0 white would be easy. I went the opposite way, and find it much hard to work with dark red.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I also recommend trying the California duster... I use it on my other vehicle which is black..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer.... reduces dust stick at least 50%! I used it the first time on my truck after 2 coats of Jetseal 109 and a coat of their 5050 paste wax... it's been a month since I did my regiment, and I've been using the detailer spray religiously after every wash (I mist while I dry) and it actually does help repel dust- I washed my graystone metallic, then left it parked in the underground in my condo (where there's lots of dust- as my space is near the main entrance/exit) and I was amazed how there wasn't any major signs of dust on the hood or glass.... this stuff is A+!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Put a good coat of wax on your vehicle and maintain it with a Quick Detailer and spray wax. I have a California Duster as well and it works great.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Try driving faster maybe the dust will blow off. javascript:void(0);

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I have a black HHR SS and a black Fiero so I know how to keep them.

Use a good carnauba paste wax to cover the car. Then use a California duster and then follow up with Adams detailer with a micro fiber towel. If it does not rain you can keep it clean for weeks this way and never touch water and never mess it the paint.

Work smarter not harder is what I strive for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts