GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
RIT333 said:
FYI - LSD is cheaper than buying a 2012. :-X
. I actually want a bigger screen. The gf and I were going to get the navi cause we liked having the big display better and option to watch a movie. I am in my car for work so at break it would be nice .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Terrain said:
Of interest to Canadians, the Pandora streaming app will not be available on our Mylink systems. Read that in the Globe or Star Wheels section.
That might only be because of a US/Canada thing where Pandora only has the rights to stream in the US with mylink? Im sure there will be another app like Pandora just for the Canadian market. The one link I posted had a few apps listed some I never heard before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I are picking up our 2012 Equinox tomorrow from the dealership. There really aren't any major changes as discussed above. Bluetooth and the steering wheel radio controls are standard, I believe. The dealer says that they cleaned up the road noise a bit but we didnt drive it to find out. Also, they added power locks to the doors so you don't have to use the funky button placement on the center control. The interior looks the same. I'll update if I notice anything else over the next week or so.

The price on the LS is about $23500 (or at least on ours).

Just a raving review about the Equinox... I dont think I will trust my safety to another CUV. We're buying this Equinox because I totaled my three-month old 2011 LS being T-Boned in an intersection. The Equinox did a complete 360-degree flip, landing on its wheels. I walked away literally with a single scratch on my elbow. I'm still amazed at how that vehicle takes a beating!

HIGH RECOMMENDATIONS ALL AROUND FOR THIS CROSSOVER!

- Claire

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
crthurmon said:
My husband and I are picking up our 2012 Equinox tomorrow from the dealership. There really aren't any major changes as discussed above. Bluetooth and the steering wheel radio controls are standard, I believe. The dealer says that they cleaned up the road noise a bit but we didnt drive it to find out. Also, they added power locks to the doors so you don't have to use the funky button placement on the center control. The interior looks the same. I'll update if I notice anything else over the next week or so.

The price on the LS is about $23500 (or at least on ours).

Just a raving review about the Equinox... I dont think I will trust my safety to another CUV. We're buying this Equinox because I totaled my three-month old 2011 LS being T-Boned in an intersection. The Equinox did a complete 360-degree flip, landing on its wheels. I walked away literally with a single scratch on my elbow. I'm still amazed at how that vehicle takes a beating!

HIGH RECOMMENDATIONS ALL AROUND FOR THIS CROS

- Claire

Does your 2012 have the navigation? If not, the change is supposed to be a 7" screen with touch controls.....

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe the 7" screen is only available on LT and above.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Barry said:
I wonder if the new 7" screen is a flip up like on the 2013 Malibu??
I don't think so - at least not from the pictures of it that I have seen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you're looking at a base LS there is nothing really worth waiting for 2012 for (none of the new toys/packages are associated with the base trim) and now is the time to get a good deal on a 2011. And actually, with the Equinox being one of the first vehicles to offer MyLink, it will most likely be in short supply and command MSRP from the dealers while the "new" factor is there so buying now theoretically would be better. That said, if you think you might want a 1LT and MyLink interests you I would definitely hold out for 2012.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: INFO on MYLINK

Rick Tinley Park said:
This info was released in Feb, 2011 by AOL Tech, not GM. So, I'll ask my original questions again. Will the New 2012 Equinox have the Chevrolet MyLink installed? Will the first phase release on the 2012's have the Chevrolet MyLink? I'm leaning towards no. I can't get a difinitive answer to this, and nobody at the dealership has even heard of it. I recently heard that the first phase won't have it intigrated, but it can be added later.

Can anyone who has seen the new 2012's verify whether the new 'nox's will have the Chevrolet MyLink?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: INFO on MYLINK

VegasVic said:
This info was released in Feb, 2011 by AOL Tech, not GM. So, I'll ask my original questions again. Will the New 2012 Equinox have the Chevrolet MyLink installed? Will the first phase release on the 2012's have the Chevrolet MyLink? I'm leaning towards no. I can't get a difinitive answer to this, and nobody at the dealership has even heard of it. I recently heard that the first phase won't have it intigrated, but it can be added later.

Can anyone who has seen the new 2012's verify whether the new 'nox's will have the Chevrolet MyLink?
Hi VegasVic,
Try this site...I can't post links yet but here's the address: gmauthority.com/blog/2011/08/rpo-central-2012-chevrolet-equinox-with-desirable-changes/
It doesn't say it won't be in the first phase...I've been under the impression that it will be.
Hope this helps.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts