GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would guess that the Terrain start date is the same as the Nox, seeing that they are built in the same factory. I would guess that by mid-late August you could get one off the lot.

However, why not order one just like you want rather than wait and make due with whatever shows up on the lot?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually ordering one is what I'd want to do, when would I be able to start making arrangements to order one? Late July? And just go in the dealership and request it I guess?

This is my first NEW car buying experience. Thanks for the help! I really want one, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, haha.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The 2012 Equinox and 2012 Terrain are scheduled to start production July 18th. The amount of time from start up to arrival to dealer lots is approximately 6 - 8 weeks. If you are looking to place an order, I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific information about when the vehicles are available to order. Thank you and good luck with your purchase.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very often the early runs are pre-ordered cars. If you want one ASAP - you could order one and get it in 6-8 weeks. Once they get past the glut of pre-orders then they will build dealer cars. Many dealerships pre-order as well -- so you could see a small stock in your dealer ship by end of July. I would imagine Terrain would be on about the same time sched... :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Melissa0329 said:
Just picked up my '11 LTZ with the 18" wheels three weeks ago. Was considering waiting for the 2012's to come out, but after hearing I couldn't get cardinal red in '12, I found one on the lot with everything I wanted on it. Based on looking at the changes for '12, I am so glad I didn't wait! Definitely did not want chrome wheels, so I am very, very happy! Mileage for first tank 22.2. Mileage for second tank 24.5. Hoping the upward trend continues. :thumb:
Lucky you! I am waiting for a call from my dealer who is checking on getting me a red '11 with everything I want and then some from another dealer. I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath! The only colors I like are mocha and red, and I'm really iffy on the mocha with the chrome wheels :-( Wish me luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
skafunkrastapunk said:
Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but about how soon after production starts would I be able to actually pick one up from my dealership? And are the Terrains scheduled for a similar release date or no?
I was told that I could get a '12 in August if I ordered now. Of course, that depends on what you're ordering and how it fits with production scheduling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty sure the new 18" wheels are the same ones that are on the special espresso brown package that's out there now. Also, the '12's will include a small convex mirror on the side mirrors to help with the blind spot issues. Of course, you could always put those on yourself. And I heard the diamond white tricoat will be added to the color choices for '12.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What's the difference between the Diamond White and the Summit White?. Also, would it be better to order a 2012 or would I get a better deal waiting for one to come on a lot a few months done the road .. say Oct/Nov?

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
SlayerX11 said:
What's the difference between the Diamond White and the Summit White?. Also, would it be better to order a 2012 or would I get a better deal waiting for one to come on a lot a few months done the road .. say Oct/Nov?
I would guess the Diamond white is a pearl-type paint versus "regular" paint. I love the Pearl colors.

·
Registered
378 Posts
RIT333 said:
I would guess the Diamond white is a pearl-type paint versus "regular" paint. I love the Pearl colors.
If it looks anything like Traverse's diamond coat, IT"S GORGEOUS! Saw and drove one this past weekend at GM event, it was such a nice color in the sunshine, and looked pure white without sun. I googled for images but pictures don't do a justice, you have to see it in person. I would however only consider it if you had family and kids, wouldn't want to be bachelor driving around in that color lol

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
Patronus said:
It makes me wonder how easily that paint is to match after body work. Stuff does happen....
I have a Artic White Pearl Maxima, and I bought a painted spoiler from SportWing.Com and the paint matched EXACTLY, and after 13 years, still looks perfect. But, nothing else on the car has been re-painted. So, a good painter can match it, but even the touchup paint is a 3-part paint (base coat and color coat + clear coat) . BUT, in the sunlight the color pops. Get it, and don't get in any accidents !

I still get compliments on a 13 year old car - because of the paint.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
SlayerX11 said:
The 2012 and 2011 Equinox are available in Summit White. I would recommend trying the build your own feature of the chevrolet.com site for a better idea in the differences in the color. Production is set to begin for the 2012 Equinox July 18th. I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific ordering information. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
rutger1413 said:
The largest change is the inclusion of the intelli link system. Google it.

Its the whole reason im waiting for 2012.
Is this the Chevrolet MyLink on the Equinox? Is this coming out on the very first phase of of the 2012 'nox? In other words, can I order this next week when I order my 'nox?

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Barry said:
I plan on ordering a 2012 LTZ so I guess I get Mylink. Here's my question: What the heck is Mylink? What will it do for me....a non techy kinda guy??
For a non-tech guy. It will provide a bigger screen to see music on and a better use of one's cell phone. There more techy stuff after that depending on ones lvl of techiness.
For me I want one cause I see it could lead to many useful app like things, such as streaming music and other such things. Maybe screaming a netflix movie to watch while parked with the kids.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
SlayerX11 said:
It will provide a bigger screen to see music on ...
FYI - LSD is cheaper than buying a 2012. :-X

·
Registered
698 Posts
Of interest to Canadians, the Pandora streaming app will not be available on our Mylink systems. Read that in the Globe or Star Wheels section.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts