GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi for some reason my antenna and it's plastic housing has come loose on my 06 Nox. Does anyone know how to tighten this? Do I need to remove the wheelwell? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are saying the antenna base (the part that the mast screws onto) is loose then yes removal of the wheelwell liner is required. You may not need to totally remove it, but at the very least half of it would need to be loosened. There are two fasteners holding the antenna base assembly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the two bolts holding the mast to the wheelwell tight, i believe that the issue is with the plastic housing piece because it doesn't appear to be holding the piece tight to the fender. Taking pictures of the piece helped see it a bit better as it's so hard to get my head in the wheelwell to see effectively. In the pictures it looks like a tab might be missing on the bottomside as you can see how apparent the one is on the top side. Anyone confirm that i'm on the right track here? Anyone know what this piece is called and where I can get it, other than the stealership?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Salvage Yard ought to have tons of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEy Joe-
Thanks for the suggestion. YOu think if that nut was loose, if I were to pull up on the antenna that there'd be play right? Cause if I do so I only get play left to right, as the antenna doesn't seem to move, just the plastic bezel.

thanks again

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think that the Nut would hold the plastic down onto the fender. If it is loose, the plastic part would only move. The plastic part could have a broken tab if the nut cannot be tightened anymore.

I would try to tighten the nut first before going to get a replacement. Remove the antenna before trying to tighten the nut.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, I think you're right about the nut being the culprit. Can you tell me where to get the tool I need to tighten it, and how to remove the antenna?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
If you use pliers (be careful to not scratch the chrome), you won't have to remove the mast, and you can turn the "nut" on tighter. If you decide to purchase the tool, then the mast can be un-screwed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We lost that Special Tool years ago. Snap ring pliers will tighten that fastener.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ChevyMgr,
Thanks for the advice, I picked up a set tonite and realized they come with different tips, which tips do you recommend I use. And please don't judge but I've never used a pair before, am I just tucking the tips in the nut grooves and twisting?

Please let me know when you can!

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i went and purchased a snap ring pliers and still can't get the nut tightened, it doesn't seem to be loose. Starting to wonder if my first thought about the bezel piece being the culprit instead.

Chevy Manager- Do you work at a shop/dealership? Do you have any other ideas? do you know more about the plastic bezel piece, does it have 2 tabs tha hold it against the fender or etc?

Thanks
jess

·
Registered
5 Posts
jessb_55 said:
Well i went and purchased a snap ring pliers and still can't get the nut tightened, it doesn't seem to be loose. Starting to wonder if my first thought about the bezel piece being the culprit instead.

Chevy Manager- Do you work at a shop/dealership? Do you have any other ideas? do you know more about the plastic bezel piece, does it have 2 tabs tha hold it against the fender or etc?

Thanks
jess
You ever fix this? Having the same issue....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having the same issue the plastic piece cant be tighened anymore. Does anyone know if its held on to the body with 3m tape? Looks like s new gasket/tape might work? I went to the junk yard they were all like mine! :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts