GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. The last storm that whipped through my area (actually more like a tornado) brought me some nice damage to my Terrain. Apart from some dents, my antenna broke off. Below are a few images taken from my cell phone:

The housing is still in tact but the antenna snapped off. So, I don't think I can just order the antenna... I think I need the entire housing.

1) Anyone know the part number and how much it might cost?
2) How hard would it be to replace the whole thing?

My deductible on insurance is too high that I'd rather try and fix it myself. The car is a lease, not sure if that tidbit makes any difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't know the part numbers but there are two different length antenna masts available through GM.... the original height antenna mast (280mm) and a shorter antenna mast (180mm)...they are about $30 USD...that is for the mast only (no base)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Here is a link to what I think is the standard height antenna at a pretty good price USD

>>>CLICK ME<<<

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MOCHANOX said:
Here is a link to what I think is the standard height antenna at a pretty good price USD

>>>CLICK ME<<<
MOCHANOX

Thanks! I just took a closer look and with some delicate maneuvering using a screw driver and needle nose pliers, I was able to gradually take out the broken metal post inside the base. I think I can get away with just ordering that antenna in the link and screwing it back in. Wow, I hope this works!

Now for the dents.... :(

·
Registered
978 Posts
So keep up informed on the results...sounds like you are good to go...

Unfortunately there is no part # for the dents... :banghead:

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Another option, providing the paint is not scratched, is the Dent Wizzard. Amazing what they can do - and fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cravenspeed.com sells a stubby, it is a shorter, about 4 inches, and thicker, about like your pinky finger, antenna. I was having trouble with mine hitting garage door. I replaced it and I actually get better signal now and it looks much better. It was about $24

·
Registered
185 Posts
How many of you have broken their antenna? I had to drive mine into the garage over the weekend...so I got a stool and procedded to unscrew it. Not like I have not done that before.

The rubber/rod came off into my hand and the bolt was left in the base. Go try and put it back together!!!!!! :(

Well, off to GM to get another one. :angryfire:

Would that qualify as warranty replacement?

On another note, have everyones lug metal caps cracked? I put my snow tires on and noticed that if they were not cracked the were loose. My wife's cheap-ass Hyndai Elantra has solid lugs. Whatis wrong with GM putting that crap on!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts