GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Banned
260 Posts
jayboyles,

The $80 c-f-m oil cap (google it, or look at Chris's post earlier in this thread ) keeps crankcase at about 0.1 psi pressure
Chris in his only two posts never mentioned that it keeps crankcase pressure at .1 psi. You are the only one claiming this and just making stuff up. By the way, if you just call CFM you would know that Chris no longer works for them. I wonder why? Pushing a product, making wild claims, and stating they introduced a cap for the Nox/Terrain.

· Registered
21 Posts
Must be that time of the year. Seeing a lot of posts on Reddit with rear main seal.
All equinoxes or terrains, with 2k+ repairs. How does GM get away with this?
Am having to check my vented cap whenever it's freezing to make sure it's not frozen, which sucks. But hopefully it's gonna do its job.

Looks like it's sticking above mid 20s to 30s in my area for the most of next month so hopefully I don't have any problems this year.

· Registered
508 Posts
With that much slop coming from the 'clean' side of the system I'd really hate to see what would be collected on the "dirty" side that is actually constantly pulling the fumes into the intake. Wow.

· Registered
146 Posts
With that much slop coming from the 'clean' side of the system I'd really hate to see what would be collected on the "dirty" side that is actually constantly pulling the fumes into the intake. Wow.

0 W16 oil
Would you use 0W16 oil?

Is supposed to reduce carbon build up on intake valves?
It does not "mist" in crankcase
It does not evaporate in crankcase.....?
And then get sucked into dirty side PCV
Like our "dexos approved' 100% synthetic oil?
Does And then get deposited on intake valves... producing carbon build up...

Who knows...?

Our dirty side PCV orifice on 4 cylinder sits low in crankcase
Very low, ..Compared to all the other car engines
The gunk inside that intake manifold, must be incredible
Just like you say
If the slop is like that is in cleanside PCV,,, which sits high in crankcase...
Imagine the slop in dirty side PCV... deposited in the plastic intake manifold and intake valves...

No wonder our intake valves are full of carbon build up
No wonder we Have LSPI, where carbon falls off intake valves and into combustion chamber..
No wonder we end up consuming oil....

If our dirty side PCV was high up in crankcase
Like all other engines, 0W16 oil might help
But
I doubt our 2.4 liter ecotec 4 cylinder engines will benefit...
The 6 cylinder might benefit from 0W16 oil ...

· Registered
11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
The PCV orifice can be remedied by removing the valve cover, poor a small amount of gum/varnish remover such as CRC, Sea Foam into the small head casting feeding the orifice, let it soak. An then use a small flexible wire to remove the carbon and varnish in the orifice. Much easier than removing the intake, and disconnecting all the lines, connectors, and high pressure fuel pump.
have any pics of this or a video?

· Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
This post has been dead for over 2 years. It's now closed.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.