GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
well its been 8000kms after the head gasket job, still running ok, now here is a question if anyone has had it, I get belt tensioner makes a sound and serpintine belt flutters some times, and sometimes it does not do it, I replaced the belt and the belt tensioner both new and still does it, could it bee that the engine is not fine tunned and kind of gets out of syncro so it kind of its not steady and make the belt flutter. Any ideas, only with AC on, if I turn the AC to off it quiets down to normal

·
Registered
123 Posts
Growl....... The problem is not the heads, not head gaskets, but the sealing method!!!!!! The instructions are completely wrong in this and is why the gaskets fail. Let me put it to you this way: You're putting a piece of carbon fiber between 2 metal pieces with no sealant internally and expecting that to keep back over 200 degree coolant alone. No matter how tightly those 2 metal pieces are together. there is absolutely no way that a piece carbon fiber alone is going to keep from leaking. My advice: put a thin bead of sealant not only along the outside edge as the instructions say, but also around each and every coolant port and cylinder on both sides of the gasket.

Thank you.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts