GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone order all weather floor mats for a 2011 Equinox from a Chevy dealer? They price between $69 and $72 for the front mats. They told me they are made by GM. Anyone see the Chevy mats or have a comment about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
They don't cover much of the floor and are made a soft foamy rubber. I looked at them before i bought the huskyliners..luvem!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
The Last Captain said:
Anyone order all weather floor mats for a 2011 Equinox from a Chevy dealer? They price between $69 and $72 for the front mats. They told me they are made by GM. Anyone see the Chevy mats or have a comment about them.
We bought the rubber GM mats for the Terrain, prolly the exact same as for the Nox.
Very pricey, IMO.
Very poor coverage when compared to our Weathertechs or the Husky ones.
Some pics here:

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=422.0

Used the GM rubber ones, along with the original carpet mats, as a cargo liner ;D until we bought the cargo liner from e-bay.
Now they are in the garage attic collecting dust!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, sounds like Husky is the way to go. Any recommendations on who to buy from? Found the Weather Beater for $110 plus $13 for shipping on E-Bay. By the way guys, thanks for the help. Kind of new to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
The Last Captain said:
Ok, sounds like Husky is the way to go. Any recommendations on who to buy from? Found the Weather Beater for $110 plus $13 for shipping on E-Bay. By the way guys, thanks for the help. Kind of new to this.
$110 is a good price, try and find free shipping and that will probably be the best you will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I know someone with a 2010 Equinox that he has had for just over a year with the factory all weather mats. The little ridges on the mat started peeling off and leaving open slits in the mat. So where there were ridges now it looks like the mats were made with slotted holes. His dealer offered to replace them with another set but he sees no reason to do that when they will wear out in another year. I have the Husky mats and love the coverage but they can be a little slick. Has anyone ever tried spraying a light coating of a bed liner or undercoat on for some traction?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Weather tech is the way to go. I bought the whole set including the cargo cover. Worth the extra $.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
The OEM carpet mats are real garbage. I have the weathertechs which are nice. The Huskys cover more near the left foot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Someone mentioned that the Weathertech liner didn't cover the area by his left foot very high. I just checked my Husky liner and it goes all the way up. You can't get your foot any higher. And I like the fact that there are no holes in the Husky, but the Weatherteck seems to have a better cut out for the floor vent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I just put a set of Husky liners in.The driver side has quite a gap at the door sill while the passenger side fits perfect.Napa has ordered a new set in,we will see how that one fits.Might have to just get a set of the Weathertechs if these husky one do not fit any better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
nomad06 said:
I just put a set of Husky liners in.The driver side has quite a gap at the door sill while the passenger side fits perfect.Napa has ordered a new set in,we will see how that one fits.Might have to just get a set of the Weathertechs if these husky one do not fit any better.
My Husky's fit the same way, if by quite a gap you mean about half an inch. The passenger side fits perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
i have weathertech's in mine and the drivers left foot is lacking coverage. I don't left food drive so it's not a problem and i don't rest my foot there. The rear seat mats are great. The cargo mat is also great. I think i got them all off of ebay for 250 but that was back in 08.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
gsuter said:
My Husky's fit the same way, if by quite a gap you mean about half an inch. The passenger side fits perfect.
Yea the gap is about 1/2 -3/4 of an inch about 4-5 " long.the passenger side is great.I will see if the new set fits better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
As I mentioned on another thread, I had the same problem. I contacted Husky and they sent me a whole new set even though I only needed the drivers side. I think you guys with the gap have an early design. The new ones fit better. Also the area by the left foot is completel covered with the Husky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
GARYD said:
The new ones fit better. Also the area by the left foot is completel covered with the Husky.
That is exactly what I'd be looking for and will probably buy the Husky mats. I actually think I'd prefer the Weathertech from a fit and quality perspective but the fact that the stupid things don't go all the way up the foot rest is a deal breaker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
If I'm going to spend over $100 for a liner, I'm sure not going to go running around to find some old rubber or carpet and try to cover the missing area I want covered. I haven't seen the Weathertech and how it's not covering that area, but to not cover it seems like someone dropped the ball pretty bad, seeing how a lot of people use the area to rest their feet. That's why it's called the "Dead Pedal" rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
GARYD said:
If I'm going to spend over $100 for a liner, I'm sure not going to go running around to find some old rubber or carpet and try to cover the missing area I want covered. I haven't seen the Weathertech and how it's not covering that area, but to not cover it seems like someone dropped the ball pretty bad, seeing how a lot of people use the area to rest their feet. That's why it's called the "Dead Pedal" rest.
Exactly. If I was buying a $20 set of mats from Wal-Mart to throw in a '92 Taurus it might be appropriate to hack a piece to extend the foot rest. But come on, this is a huge gaff by Weathertech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
The area under my left foot is covered with these one so maybe they are the new style.My replacement liner should be here today so I'll see how they fit, I hope it is better
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top