GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are seriously considering jumping into the Equinox family. Been out looking at them Keep coming back to the Equinox.

We would likely go with the LT2 or the LTZ but without the Nav or entertainment packages.

My question is regarding functionality of Android phones with the stereo. Can the stereo control the Android phone via USB connection like an IPod or Zune? Or is it only able to play music off the phone like it is a USB memory stick? I fear the time spent indexing the amount of music on the phone would exceed the time spent in the car in many cases.

I know we can use the audio input jack but at least on my other vehicle, the quality of that over the IPod interface is severly reduced.

Will the USB jack also charge the Android phone? I know the power outlets are there but we would love to reduce sone of the cable clutter we travel with.

Other option would be to wait for the 2012 with the supposed Chevy MyLink. That looks promising but from what I have read of Fords version, looks and functionality are not always in sync with each other.....

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, for one, in a few weeks the 2011s will be one model year behind, with the corresponding drop in value, so even if you get a deal on a 2011, it may be cheaper in the long run to get a 2012.

I have ordered a 2012 LTZ, mainly for the reason above AND the MyLink system. As I understand it, audio will be transmitted to the head unit over Bluetooth so you can just leave your phone in your pocket and control it with the head unit/steering wheel controls. Initially the iPhone will have to be plugged in for this functionality but iOS 5 in September will change that so that it will also be able to connect via bluetooth for audio.

By the way, the only two OSs supported in MyLink are iOS and Android (at least initially).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patronus -

Thanks for the response.

Are dealers taking orders for the 2012? I read they are supposed to go into production July 18 but had not seen dealers were taking orders. Maybe they do not want to advertise that since they want to move what is on the lots.

Any idea what type of price bump for 2012? Is the MyLink an upgrade or included on the LT2 or LTZ?

We are having a challenge finding the exact options we want on a lot out there in a color that pleases us both.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
The factory is not yet accepting orders but my dealer gladly took my deposit. Prices are not yet released, but options are.

MyLink is standard for all but the LS. Gray and red are dropped, all other colors are the the same.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Scott,

I am glad to see that your concerns have been answered. I would also recommend contacting your local dealership for more specific information on options. Production is set to start for the 2012 Equinox on July 18th. Your dealership should have more specific ordering information as well. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We went to our dealership today to inquire about the new 2012 'Nox. I wanted to know about the MyLink and they had no information at all. You said it comes standard on everything higher than the LS? How do you know this? I want to order a 1LT, and if mylink is available, I want to order it. Also, dealer has no prices available. When will prices be available at the dealership for 2012's? Perhaps on July 18th when production starts? I know Chevy wants to sell out their 2011's, but a little more information would be nice for the '12s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
VegasVic said:
We went to our dealership today to inquire about the new 2012 'Nox. I wanted to know about the MyLink and they had no information at all. You said it comes standard on everything higher than the LS? How do you know this? I want to order a 1LT, and if mylink is available, I want to order it. Also, dealer has no prices available. When will prices be available at the dealership for 2012's? Perhaps on July 18th when production starts? I know Chevy wants to sell out their 2011's, but a little more information would be nice for the '12s.
. Google 2012 gmt ordering guide. Then look up the car. All but pricing is up there. Which I give another month or so.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
VegasVic said:
Have your questions been resolved? I can also look into this further for you. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
VegasVic said:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2012&regionID=1&divisionID=1#

1 - 9 of 9 Posts