Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Data for your Theta!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have liked the 'non-proprietary' approach that GM has used w/ the current premium system. I use a windows-mobile phone (6.5, HTC Imagio), and it hooks up to USB perfectly and no issues whatsoever with going through media or phone connections, etc. I like the idea of being able to plug in nearly anything (except for certain dumb devices that aren't configured to share data through standard protocols).

I think that going with a proprietary system (Microsoft sync, android, i-phone/i-pad) is a bad idea. In the short-run, maybe cool, but certainly in these times, the dominant player can change in a very short time and lose support, accessories, etc...especially because I like to keep a new car for at LEAST 10 years.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've played quite a bit with Ford's Sync system in a friends car. It's very friendly to many devices. Much more than GM's electronics are. But I do find some things easier to do on GM's stuff.

Android is still quite young. But fortunately, it doesn't have a LOT to do in a car (compared to a PC or phone that is). Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts