GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the Navigation side of google maps on an Android phone to link with the Bluetooth and give turn by turn via the stereo? My hands free Bluetooth works great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need A2DP which is not supported by the Equinox's radio. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's correct. I have to hook my phone up through the Auxiliary port in order to get turn by turn directions through the car speakers.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So disappointing. I wish they would give us software upgrades to access features like this. We pay 400 for a phone and they give us updates. You pay 20-30k and you dont get squat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The iphone (4S at least) will play any running app over the car's stereo. Have been using the Waze nav app on it for some time now, and it's amazing. It will even lower the music that it's playing when the voice command comes on. Just make sure you select iPhone on your stereo and run the nav app of your choice. Waze it's free ;D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CFRTim said:
The iphone (4S at least) will play any running app over the car's stereo. Have been using the Waze nav app on it for some time now, and it's amazing. It will even lower the music that it's playing when the voice command comes on. Just make sure you select iPhone on your stereo and run the nav app of your choice. Waze it's free ;D
using bluetooth? how did you pair it? did you pair it as an audio device? and can you play music via bluetooth?

·
Registered
249 Posts
AMG Eric said:
using bluetooth? how did you pair it? did you pair it as an audio device? and can you play music via bluetooth?
My iPhone is connected via USB and bluetoothe to my car, I mean why not charge while running an app. However, it is via USB that I can do most things, liki playing any apps over the stereo speakers, including Pandora(using VPN here in Canada) TuneIn Radio or the nav apps

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CFRTim said:
My iPhone is connected via USB and bluetoothe to my car, I mean why not charge while running an app. However, it is via USB that I can do most things, liki playing any apps over the stereo speakers, including Pandora(using VPN here in Canada) TuneIn Radio or the nav apps
oh i can do all that via android also using usb. we were talking about solely bluetooth connections. i don't run mine that way because i can't stand having wires running to my dash because my phone is my gps unit, as well as my mobile office.

·
Registered
468 Posts
AMG Eric said:
oh i can do all that via android also using usb. we were talking about solely bluetooth connections. i don't run mine that way because i can't stand having wires running to my dash because my phone is my gps unit, as well as my mobile office.
How do you stream your andriod via the usb? I tried many many many of times with my Incredible and the USB and all I can get it to do is charge unless I have songs saved to the phone. Apps I cannot stream I have to use the AUX cable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cottonseed said:
How do you stream your andriod via the usb? I tried many many many of times with my Incredible and the USB and all I can get it to do is charge unless I have songs saved to the phone. Apps I cannot stream I have to use the AUX cable.
there was an update change that made this no longer possible. i hope its fixed on jan 19th. i know 2011 can do this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
canadian_bacon said:
yea, whats on Jan 19th....all i wanted was bluetooth streaming....
Not gonna happen; A2DP can not be added via software update, needs a hardware revision.
Also, Android support seems very iffy. I can't get my Android to work over USB for music, but my iPhone works like a charm, not just for music, but all the apps audio work over USB only, without the need of AUX cable. I can even use SIRI

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CFRTim said:
Not gonna happen; A2DP can not be added via software update, needs a hardware revision.
Also, Android support seems very iffy. I can't get my Android to work over USB for music, but my iPhone works like a charm, not just for music, but all the apps audio work over USB only, without the need of AUX cable. I can even use SIRI
on a 2010?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CFRTim said:
My Android is failing on a 2011
in every 2011 i have been in it has worked. my 2010 not so much.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I get connection issues with the Acer android, as in intermittent USB Storage On/Off, so this one is useless. The old Galaxy connects, but can not run audio apps over USB, like TuneIn Radio, YouTube, Skype or GPS, to name a few. However, as I mentioned many times before, I can accomplish all of that with the iPhone using only the USB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts