GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get weird reverberatory of groaning sounds from their speakers in the mornings like when the vehicle is cold for the first 10 minutes of driving? My kids even ask me why my car is groaning.

I am sure i will get even more runaround from GMC on this as well...lol

M

·
0 Posts
If you have the 4 cylinder there is a noise cancellation system that emmits sound from the woofer so that you don't hear the awefull REAL groans that come from the engine. Perhaps this is malfuntioning in the cold.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like my local dealer service rep but... Evertime i have a crack, groan, sound, or anything that should be making noises on a $25K vehicle i always get told... Our technician couldn't hear anything...

Might start recording my morning drives. I have had this just under 1 year and even though the issues are minor they are many and this vehicles resale will plummet just like the old Trailblazers unless GM gets some quality back in their products.

24 Posts
I would recommend asking one of the service reps to take a drive with you so that you may point out exactly what you are experiencing. Your dealership may also be able to provide you with some kind of recorder that would allow you to turn it on when you are experiencing the problem. This will allow the dealership to see what is going on in the vehicle when you are having the issue. I would recommend contacting the dealership and inquiring about these possible approaches. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Nukedog said:
Anyone else get weird reverberatory of groaning sounds from their speakers in the mornings like when the vehicle is cold for the first 10 minutes of driving? My kids even ask me why my car is groaning.

I am sure i will get even more runaround from GMC on this as well...lol
Did your dealer give you "THE RUNAROUND" As you say? Or are you just saying this before you have even contacted your dealer...?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only strange sound my Terrain makes is a clunk from the rear when I pull out of my driveway after it sits all night.
I need to look and see if I can see what it is.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Z_Ghost said:
The only strange sound my Terrain makes is a clunk from the rear when I pull out of my driveway after it sits all night.
I need to look and see if I can see what it is.
Do you park it with the emergency brake on ? My Maxima will do that if I back out of my garage after releasing the E-brake,

·
Registered
207 Posts
RIT333 said:
Do you park it with the emergency brake on ? My Maxima will do that if I back out of my garage after releasing the E-brake,
I do and I am thinking that is probably what is making the clunk.
I use the park brake when I park, got used to doing this with all the manual cars that I have had.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Z_Ghost said:
I do and I am thinking that is probably what is making the clunk.
I use the park brake when I park, got used to doing this with all the manual cars that I have had.
My Maxima is a stick - Equinox would have been had it been an option - and I always use the E-brake on it. It bugs me when it does that, but since I "know" what it is, I just live with it.

Try not using the E-brake for awhile, and see if it happens. If it doesn't then use it, and live with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
RIT333 said:
My Maxima is a stick - Equinox would have been had it been an option - and I always use the E-brake on it. It bugs me when it does that, but since I "know" what it is, I just live with it.

Try not using the E-brake for awhile, and see if it happens. If it doesn't then use it, and live with it.
I will figure out what it is I will take it to the dealer to get fixed, if they can not fix it I will fix it myself.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Take it to the dealer. If they say they don't hear it then as that a tech or SA go with you. The delaer I go to makes the tech drive the car to hear. If they say they don't then the service manager has to go with the tech. If they both say no the tech has to drive with the customer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It may be worth trying a different dealer if you've got another one located close to you. I had a periodic problem where I would have no audio at all. I also had some low, almost thunder-like sounds from time to time and like you, this seemed to only happen when it was cold. I took it to the dealer I purchased it from and of course it was working at that time and their answer was, "it's working fine, bring it back when it happens again."

I took it to another dealer and while it was working when I brought it in, this dealer got in touch with GM and was given a software update to install. They installed it and I have had no isues since then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote from: Z_Ghost on December 14, 2010, 04:26:18 PM
I need to look and see if I can see what it is.[/color]
I get the exact same "clunk from the rear" when backing out of my garage/driveway. I do NOT put on the e-brake and this has been happening in both warm and cold termperatures.

Z_Ghost, please keep us updated on your visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
mdh4psu said:
I get the exact same "clunk from the rear" when backing out of my garage/driveway. I do NOT put on the e-brake and this has been happening in both warm and cold termperatures.

Z_Ghost, please keep us updated on your visit to the dealer.
I will but it will be after the 1st of the new year as work is just going crazy and I will not have time to take it in.
I will get under the back and see if I can find anything.
I did not use the e-brake for 3 days and it still does it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Loose shock or suspension bit?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fourmoremarine said:
Did your dealer give you "THE RUNAROUND" As you say? Or are you just saying this before you have even contacted your dealer...?
My Terrain has been in the dealer more than any car i have ever owned...lol

For some reason the ANC issue went away when they replced the headliner (for the 2nd time) and started after they replaced it (the 1st time) so something might not have been hooked up or something?

THe dash has the loosest and crappiest thin plastic they could have ever onceived and crackles, crunches evertime i push a button. They told me..it's not a BMW..when i referenced the $25k pricetag and the fact i expected more out of it.

It does get good gas mileage and it is a good vec]hicle but it certainly is a bit overpriced compared to a Toyota with regards to fit a and finish IHO...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nukedog said:
My Terrain has been in the dealer more than any car i have ever owned...lol

For some reason the ANC issue went away when they replced the headliner (for the 2nd time) and started after they replaced it (the 1st time) so something might not have been hooked up or something?

THe dash has the loosest and crappiest thin plastic they could have ever onceived and crackles, crunches evertime i push a button. They told me..it's not a BMW..when i referenced the $25k pricetag and the fact i expected more out of it.[/color]

It does get good gas mileage and it is a good vec]hicle but it certainly is a bit overpriced compared to a Toyota with regards to fit a and finish IHO...
Contact GM Customer Service directly.
They are members here on this forum or call GM Customer Service directly.
If nothing else, have them replace the faceplate or swap the unit (NAV or non-NAV) entirely until it's not crackling or crunching.
Compare it to other vehicles on the lot.
You paid good $$, be sure to get your $$ worth.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gearhead - faceplate was replaced. New model is just as thin (like 1/8") plastic and just as cracky. Terrain is going bye bye for a newer Focus hatch i think here in a few months...

·
Registered
977 Posts
Nukedog said:
Gearhead - faceplate was replaced. New model is just as thin (like 1/8") plastic and just as cracky. Terrain is going bye bye for a newer Focus hatch i think here in a few months...
If your that upset getting a Focus is the right answer. Hope you enjoy the new ride. What problems have you had?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts