GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes new (1 month old) 2011 Nox would not start this morning due to a dead battery.

I noticed the other night when walking by it in the garage that the door pull ambient lights (little blue ones) were on. I just assumed she had just gotten out of the vehicle recently.

Evidently, those lights are not turning off and thus drained the battery. Are those lights supposed to turn off? Is there some sort of setting in the DIC that controls those?

I noticed at a dealer one night that another one had its lights on as well. Well after the dealership was closed. I just figured it was a "feature".

TIA.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
They should turn off.
Make sure a seat belt or something is not keeping your door from closing completely.
I thought there was a "battery saver" feature as well, I posted a picture of the "DIC" showing " battery saver active" in this album somewhere:
http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=12
Call the dealer for sure.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

My Wife called the dealer. Apparently there's either a TSB or recall out on it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Do you have a LTZ with the additional ambient lights? Seems weird that a few LEDs would completely drain a car battery.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, LTZ.

It sat for 3 days in sub 25 degree weather with the last two nights getting down to 0 or so. I guess it was enough to drain it. Although like you, I was surprised it was dead.

Apparently the dealers are aware it's a problem. Taking it in on Monday to get fixed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Terrain said:
Do you have a LTZ with the additional ambient lights? Seems weird that a few LEDs would completely drain a car battery.
That's what I was thinking...those tiny led's draw about half a watt iirc.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Please advise when you return from the dealership what the outcome was. Try to get all the info on the TSB or recall you can, and post back for the future benefit of others.

Oh, and add your vehicle details to your signature too.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will keep everyone updated on the resolution.

My Wife gave me a recall notice # of 11004. Don't know how to look that up anywhere. She said it was a recall that was issued on 1/31/2011.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took it in this morning. Elco Chevrolet BTW did an excellent job and great customer service.

At any rate. According to my service advisor, it IS a recall #11004 on the work order.

Here's the text that is under the line item.
Charge battery, reprogram BCM and perform BCM setup per recall V2377 0.6 0090/9090

Just went in the garage and checked. All the LED's are off now.

I'm guessing the BCM developer forgot to uncomment a line of code! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts