GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the ONLY thing I'm not really fond of in the Terrain is the red ambient lighting. Is there anyway to get rid of it? I'm debating whether to wait it out and see if they change it on the 2011... I won't hold my breathe.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If blue is more pleasing to you try the Chevrolet Equinox. Same vehicle made on the same assembly line.
The interior is identical except for the ambient light colour.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was in that same position myself when I was looking to buy the car. Being that my favorite color is blue, I wanted to get the blue ambiant lighting but didn't like the Nox jellybean shape exterior .

So I got a Atlantic Blue with Jet Black interior and, to my surprise, loving that red lighting at night ever since I got it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ive heard of last Chrysler vans described as "Jellybean" but never the new Nox.
I would have bought a Terrain or Nox off the lot if equipped as I wanted.
I realize they are same under the skin. I ordered a Nox but would be just as pleased with a Terrain.
I like black jelly beans but Mocha Noxes.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ever try droppies..the Dutch Black licorice? Comes in Double salt too..mmm most people cant eat them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Too funny, not 10 minutes ago we were upstairs waiting for dinner and munching on Black Licorice Babies (the kids were eating ju-jube beans).
We think the dog got sick cause he had a strange look on his face after snapping a few off the floor so I came down to search if licorice is bad for dogs!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
and some of us prefer the exterior...
Well, there is no accounting for taste.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I prefer Swedish fish.

I owned a Saab once, i guess that's why. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ssmike06 said:
I was in that same position myself when I was looking to buy the car. Being that my favorite color is blue, I wanted to get the blue ambiant lighting but didn't like the Nox jellybean shape exterior .

So I got a Atlantic Blue with Jet Black interior and, to my surprise, loving that red lighting at night ever since I got it.
I don't think the jellybean is as bad as the grill on the Nox. I love the Terrain's exterior. Hopefully the interior will grow on me when I get it. I wonder if there is a way to modify it eventually?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roesterman said:
If blue is more pleasing to you try the Chevrolet Equinox. Same vehicle made on the same assembly line.
The interior is identical except for the ambient light colour.
Hi y'all, new to this forum and a new owner of a 2016 Terrain. I was thinking of changing the ambiant or accent lighting to blue in fact. Would there be a how too on this forum that could help me do that? I've been looking but I don't seem to find anything on it. I'll be looking at radio replacement too. Perhaps I can get something in there. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
No easy/feasible way to either change the ambient lighting color, or the headunit to anything other than different GM unit, and even that is difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I see... If the red lighting on the center dash trim is part of the head unit, I can understand but if not then this should be an easy to moderate difficulty mod. I was also thinking of changing the cup holder light to blue and perhaps the center map light. I already pulled the upper center dome light assembly to have a look and it seems I can change these lights easy enough. I'll spend some time pulling panels around the head unit and see. I'll let you know the outcome (or damage, heh)

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Danny1961 said:
Hi y'all, new to this forum and a new owner of a 2016 Terrain. I was thinking of changing the ambiant or accent lighting to blue in fact. Would there be a how too on this forum that could help me do that? I've been looking but I don't seem to find anything on it. I'll be looking at radio replacement too. Perhaps I can get something in there. Many thanks
Hello and welcome!

It would be s very extensive mod to change the LED colors in the Terrrain form Red to another color. Replace evey LED is the only way and not easy in each location, instrument panel, radio , etc. Not really a good idea without some possible damage or compromise in continued reliable operation.

You will also VOID the factory warranty on any areas you modifiy.

Also. . . . NOTE the warning given when you make posts in something like this 5 year old thread.

Best to start a new thread rather than continue in something long past unless it was a solution to your concern and I see none offered here, just a lot of unrelated replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JayTee2014 said:
Hello and welcome!

It would be s very extensive mod to change the LED colors in the Terrrain form Red to another color. Replace evey LED is the only way and not easy in each location, instrument panel, radio , etc. Not really a good idea without some possible damage or compromise in continued reliable operation.

You will also VOID the factory warranty on any areas you modifiy.

Also. . . . NOTE the warning given when you make posts in something like this 5 year old thread.

Best to start a new thread rather than continue in something long past unless it was a solution to your concern and I see none offered here, just a lot of unrelated replies.
OK, Thank you and sorry for posting on this old thread. I'll start a new one. Many thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts