GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SRX for 5 months now and making phone calls via Bluetooth and my droid is painstaking. My main issue is that I can't set up a visual on-screen phone directory that would allow me to make a call with a couple of button pushes (my last car had this). I realize I can set up voice commands to do this automatically, and I have, but the process of making a voice command call is exhausting: Press a button and wait for the voice prompt; say "hands free" and wait for the voice prompt; say "dial" and wait for the long voice prompt; say the name or number I want to call and wait for the voice prompt to repeat it back to me and ask if it is correct; After verifying that it is correct the voice prompt says "OK" and then proceeds to confirm again by telling me what it's going to do, "dialing Home using Don7019's phone". Then finally the call starts to go though (by that time I'm almost home!)

So I'm either missing something simple that would allow me to set up a visual phonebook. Or, this is a GM safety feature because I should not be taking my eyes off the road for even a second to push a couple buttons. Or, this is a GM sales feature to get me ot buy time on the OnStar phone system.

Any advice/insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What year is your SRX?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Don7019 said:
GTP, It's a 2011.
Hrmm I know you have to authorize it to link the phonebook during the paring process, maybe try re-pairing it?

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
GTPprix said:
Hrmm I know you have to authorize it to link the phonebook during the paring process, maybe try re-pairing it?
He's trying to "repair" it ! (Joke)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you need the 'hands free' command?

After I push the button on the steering wheel the vehicle promps me simply with 'Ready'
I say 'call' and it prompts me with 'Call using Jerrod's phone, name tag please?'
I say whatever nametag I'm calling(my house for example) and then it confirms(while it makes the connection) with 'calling my house'.

·
Registered
830 Posts
You can also just say : Call "name tag" after pushing the button you don't have to wait for the voice guide...

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have navigation, you need to say "Hands Free" and then it will respond with 'Ready' then you say "Call"

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my Terrain if you hold down the "call" button it will give me my outgoing call list. This may help you a little bit. I miss my F-150 which downloaded my entire phonebook.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Glad i dont have the Nav !!

Sburngasser said:
If you have navigation, you need to say "Hands Free" and then it will respond with 'Ready' then you say "Call"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: I took GTPprix's advice and I deleted my phone from the SRX's Bluetooth and then re-paired it. And, hey, what do ya know, my phone book from my droid pops up. I can now press phone book and then the letter grouping of the name I want and then simply press the name and the call goes through. That's exactly what I wanted.

I'm a little bewildered as to why it didn't show up the first time I paired the phone because I didn't do anything this time to "allow" the phone book to come over. It just popped up during the pairing process. Regardless, I'm a happy camper now. Thanks GTPprix for the advice!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just read through all the Bluetooth paring phone book etc. On thing I cannot locate. Look at page 6-61. In the Terrain 2010 manual. there is a pic of the dial number screen for us with nav. If you view bottom left of pic you'll see two option buttons "LIST" and "BOOK" I don't have this option when physically viewing my screen. Anyone know how to create a phone book?
I already stored using the Bluetooth/tag for hands free but why don't. I get a phone book? lastly why does incoming and outgoing calls show only the number? how do we get it to show the name!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts