GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning to car in driveway with ALL windows wide open! Of course, happened to be one of the very few nights we had snow! :angryfire:

How would that happen? There was loose change in the console that is still there so not a break in?? I am bewildered.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
What vehicle and what year ?

The very early built Nox/Terrains had the capability to open all windows from the remote with a certain button sequence, but they removed that capability on later builds. If you have an early-build, and accidently hit the key sequence, that could explain it.

Many people on the forum would "kill" for that capability.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, all the windows can be lowered by pressing and holding the Unlock button on the remote. However, this works only on Equinox/Terrains built prior to June 26, 2009. I've attached the text of the bulletin for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Karen said:
2011 SRX ...?
Then, you probably leaned on your Remote.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No-no option for windows on my remote. Called the dealership..they have heard of apparantly the battery gets low in certain modules and 'can' open the windows! Awesome ..esp if it happens to be sitting at the A/P for 2 weeks! Wow...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Karen, I also have a 2011 SRX and, yes, if you press the unlock button on the FOB and hold it down all windows will go down. The only way I learned of this was on this forum when I read a post about "little known features". I tried it shortly after reading the post and, sure enough, it worked. However I've never used it for any reason. I suppose on a hot day it allows you to air the car out before you get in. But it also allows for accidental openings like in your case.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Karen said:
. Called the dealership..they have heard of apparantly the battery gets low in certain modules and 'can' open the windows!
I would look for a new dealer if mine told me that. How ridicilous would it be for a car to do that ? :thumbdown:

·
Registered
673 Posts
RIT333 said:
I would look for a new dealer if mine told me that. How ridicilous would it be for a car to do that ? :thumbdown:

you mean a different brand? The dealer did not design this flaw.

·
Registered
194 Posts
NODES said:
you mean a different brand? The dealer did not design this flaw.
I think he is saying the dealer is full of it.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
I think he is saying the dealer is full of it.
Yes ! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Karen said:
Got up this morning to car in driveway with ALL windows wide open! Of course, happened to be one of the very few nights we had snow! :angryfire:

How would that happen? There was loose change in the console that is still there so not a break in?? I am bewildered.
Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you as well if you need further assistance. Please feel free to keep me posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts