GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of all weather (rubber) mats from the dealer for my 2011 Terrain. They are the correct shape however the mat on the drivers side slides around because it does not securely engage the floor posts. The holes in the mat are just a little too large and the posts slip out. I had the dealer check and he indicated there is only 1 part # available and I got the correct one. He suggested that the mat holes were too large because of a manufacturing defect however I just noticed an older thread in this forum where the person had the same problem so I'm thinking there must have been two different styles of floor post and they haven't changed the mats yet. It's a minor issue however I still may end up returning them. Has anyone else ordered these mats and do they fit the floor posts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Jvcol said:
Just ordered a set of all weather (rubber) mats from the dealer for my 2011 Terrain. They are the correct shape however the mat on the drivers side slides around because it does not securely engage the floor posts. The holes in the mat are just a little too large and the posts slip out. I had the dealer check and he indicated there is only 1 part # available and I got the correct one. He suggested that the mat holes were too large because of a manufacturing defect however I just noticed an older thread in this forum where the person had the same problem so I'm thinking there must have been two different styles of floor post and they haven't changed the mats yet. It's a minor issue however I still may end up returning them. Has anyone else ordered these mats and do they fit the floor posts? Thanks.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing with the floor mats on your 2011 GMC Terrain. Keep me posted if your dealership gives you any other updates on this situation.

Thank you,
Amanda GM Customer Service

·
Registered
56 Posts
If they're like my VW mats, there's a two-piece plastic clip that has to be inserted into the holes to lock down onto the posts.

Fortunately, my Weathertech laser-fit mats fit perfectly the first time, and didn't require any additional parts to do it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
return them and get the husky mats. i love my set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts