GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2


and

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
931 Posts
Tell you what...
I haven't been much of a Terrain fan...especially due to the chrome slab of a grill. However..what you have done has changed the look dramatically..and compliments the Terrain style into a whole new dimension. Yes..I like it that much. Best mod that I've seen!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot dude! When I was first looking at either these or the Nox's, I knew my car would be black because it's literally the only color I buy. So I took a picture of each grill into photoshop and compared what they looked like (I thought the grill on the terrain made it look like a transformer lol)

Anyways, the GMC symbol on the grill was really large, which made the red stick out even more, so photoshopped it black to see what it might have looked like, approved, bought the car and the vinyl and BAM...soon to be a complete murked out vehicle.

All of my previous cars had modifications on them and I've always kept a cosmetic mindset of two colors: black and chrome...stuck to it ever since and get compliments every time I park them.

My last car was matte black, but that was when I was in FL. Now that I'm in medical school in TN, there is no point on placing vinyl on the whole car to matte black it (rocks/debris)

Probably going to either powdercoat the 18" wheels black or possibly Plasti-dip them. Goods and bad to both, but leaning towards plasti-dip because I can peel off the coating when I sell it in case someone doesn't like the black wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
I would do that but the GMC already matches our paint. lol


It looks really good. I like it a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
What/Where is the overlay material?? I was going to buy black emblems off eBay, but $7 is way cheaper.

Here is mine so far.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
That is exactly how mine looked on my Sonoma, except I removed the red and painted the inside of the letters black. Love that look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For my wheels, I was thinking of Plasti-dip'ing them


but we'll see. I want to sell the car eventually, and the stock rims would look good black, just dont want to spend 2k on new wheels and keep these. I have no where to store them =/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hi, Guys great ideas here. I just got my 2011 Terrain SLT-2 Black with light-titanium. Already did a few things like, HID, changed all the interior bulbs to LED. I love the car.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I really like it on black, looks great! Mine already matches my color so no changes here ;D I'm currently shopping new wheels and can't decide on the look I like. I want to stick with 18", so perhaps the powdercoat or plasti-dip makes more sense but I haven't found any pics on the web of what they would look like on a Terrain..

USFwrestler said:
Thanks a lot dude! When I was first looking at either these or the Nox's, I knew my car would be black because it's literally the only color I buy. So I took a picture of each grill into photoshop and compared what they looked like (I thought the grill on the terrain made it look like a transformer lol)

Anyways, the GMC symbol on the grill was really large, which made the red stick out even more, so photoshopped it black to see what it might have looked like, approved, bought the car and the vinyl and BAM...soon to be a complete murked out vehicle.

All of my previous cars had modifications on them and I've always kept a cosmetic mindset of two colors: black and chrome...stuck to it ever since and get compliments every time I park them.

My last car was matte black, but that was when I was in FL. Now that I'm in medical school in TN, there is no point on placing vinyl on the whole car to matte black it (rocks/debris)

Probably going to either powdercoat the 18" wheels black or possibly Plasti-dip them. Goods and bad to both, but leaning towards plasti-dip because I can peel off the coating when I sell it in case someone doesn't like the black wheels
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
USFwrestler, how did you stencil out the vinyl for the perfect cut and overlay? It's a great look. I was looking into black grille emblems as well and really didn't want to remove and replace them if I didn't have to. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
IceMan said:
Tell you what...
I haven't been much of a Terrain fan...especially due to the chrome slab of a grill. However..what you have done has changed the look dramatically..and compliments the Terrain style into a whole new dimension. Yes..I like it that much. Best mod that I've seen!
X2...word for word...could not have said it better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Went and talked to some guys today about doing vinyl on all my chrome trim. The stuff they do looks sick and they ate going to do all my chrome trim for $100 or less. Sick!! Gonna get it done next week.
Here's an example of the stuff I'm gonna use:

This is a car of one of the guys that works at the shop. His car is dirty so it's hard to tell, but it looks like matte black Kevlar in person.
I'm stoked!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
godcore74 said:
Went and talked to some guys today about doing vinyl on all my chrome trim. The stuff they do looks sick and they ate going to do all my chrome trim for $100 or less. Sick!! Gonna get it done next week.
Here's an example of the stuff I'm gonna use:

This is a car of one of the guys that works at the shop. His car is dirty so it's hard to tell, but it looks like matte black Kevlar in person.
I'm stoked!
Kind of reminds you of carbon fiber from a distance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Ya, carbon fiber is what it probably looks like when it's clean. It's got the texture of Kevlar tho, it's not smooth like CF. I'm stoked to try it out tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Just dropped my terrain off to get the vinyl done and by this afternoon it will void of chrome! Hopefully my guy can get the fog lamp inserts done. He said it may be kind of tricky. I decided to go with black gloss b/c it worked best with the Carbon Blk Metallic. I am also getting the front GMC changed to chrome with black inserts and the rear GMC will be removed.
Pictures to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Re: Re: All Black

Looking forward to seeing the pics!
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Top