GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using my USB dongel I have a folder that was saved like a playlist(individual songs in random order) and if I select it to play I will get the album cover art to show sometimes instead of the generic USB dongel on the color screen. I have been trying to figure out how this is happening because there is no album art in the folder (it may be on the dongel elswhere). The folder icon looks like a normal folder with a green arrow icon on it. I am guessing it was saved with a certain program. I probably even did it but I do not remember it. I have tried several different ones and no joy. What I would like is to find out how to make the album art display all the time for all music, Right now it only works randomly on the first song played from an album song that is saved in that folder Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
116 Posts
When using the USB for music, is the Album Art supposed to display? I have ripped music from my cd collection ( some the entire album ) and put into folders to organize. I see the album art ( album cover picture ) in the folders with the music, but no album art, only artist name and song name is being displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
289 Posts
JTNJ said:
When using the USB for music, is the Album Art supposed to display? I have ripped music from my cd collection ( some the entire album ) and put into folders to organize. I see the album art ( album cover picture ) in the folders with the music, but no album art, only artist name and song name is being displayed. Am I doing something wrong?
You need an MP3 tag editor to attach the album art to the MP3 file itself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks Jedi

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JediSkipdogg said:
You need an MP3 tag editor to attach the album art to the MP3 file itself.
[/quoteAny suggestions on what software? Do you have to do each song or can you do an album/folder all at once?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think I should have explained more the first time. A program like Itunes should do it. That's all I use to do my music. In the bottom left corner of itunes should be the album art. If nothing is there, it's blank on the mp3 as well. I believe Windows Media Player does it differently and therefore it may not work properly using that. Of course that was an old version of WMP when I had issues back in the day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have one of the first I Pods and all my music is off of I Tunes, all the songs display the album cover. Maybe it has something to do with I Tunes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for all the input, this might take me a few days to really try this , I'll update
I tried windows media player put it couldn't find the art ( or me ), even though the folder had it. I'll poke around and try the Mp3tag as posted by phaeton16.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So can anyone tell me if I copy my iTunes library to my USB will it work then?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mochaman said:
Does all your album artwork show in itunes? If yes then are all your itunes files mp3 files? I know itunes is alot of AAC and the Terrain/Nox will not play AAC files off of a thumb drive.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Mochaman said:
Hi Mochaman,

Have you found a resolution to your question? Please feel free to send me a private message anytime with your name and VIN, and I would be happy to investigate for you.

Katie, GM Customer Service
(Filling in for Tricia for a short time while she is away)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GM Customer Svc said:
Hi Mochaman,

Have you found a resolution to your question? Please feel free to send me a private message anytime with your name and VIN, and I would be happy to investigate for you.

Katie, GM Customer Service
(Filling in for Tricia for a short time while she is away)
Nope I got it it works that way.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK wether you have an Ipod or not you can use iTunes and import all your music. Make sure your music is in mp3 format first.Get the album art and tags all set (with some of my older stuff I had to use Tuneup Companion to get the art) got to "My Music" on your computer and find the iTunes folder click it and inside it open the iTunes Music folder and "select all" and copy then paste all your music folders to your usb Drive. You will now see everything just like an iPod except for play lists. For those I used MediaMonkey and opend the "G" drive (my usb drive) and made playlists from the music in it. You can click and drag down the whole album and paste each album or more to a play list. When your playlists are done in MediaMonkey go to "file" " export to playlist" and name and place the m3u playlist on the usb drive. I now have 9 playlists and exactly the same functionality as an iPod if I want to randomize the music I click Shuffle. 8gb of music at my finger tips and don't have to play with the iPod in and out deal. :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope this isn't redundant but customizing the album art for your music is actually an interesting way to personalize the radio since there aren't many another options for doing so. For those of us that just have the regular Color Touch radio and are looking to get something different out of it I think it's pretty cool (this will work for all radios though of course). You can add just about any image to your songs (I've always used mp3tag like others on the board for it). For example I have a bunch of live bootlegs from concerts I've been to that don't have album art so I've been able to add pictures I personally took at these shows so that they'll display as the album art on the screen. In some cases the pictures actually include myself and the people I've gone with which always gets a laugh whenever they pop up. I included a couple random photos of my dog and the Sox logo that I added to songs as examples of this feature.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Some of the artwork is pulled off the on drive grace notes database I've noticed this as well occasionally ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a GMC Terrain and I have the big radio. I was wondering if you could download a picture to the screen as a screen saver. My other vehicle use to do that by simply sticking in a USB however I have tried and it will not come up. The dealer said I could but he wasn't sure on how. Can anyone help?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts