GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new one - at least for me. I haven't seen it mentioned here before either.
Last night leaving work, I remote started the Terrain, as I approached it I clicked the "door open" button and the alarm started beeping. That has never happened before. It didn't stop until I got in the car and inserted the key.

Has anyone else had thet happen to them?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have set it off quite a few times just with key fob in pocket, either that or magicly pop the hatch

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I would be happy to look into this for you as well with your VIN. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
193 Posts
How many times did it beep? I believe there is an audible notification that goes off when you hit unlock if the alarm has been set off while you were away.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just beeped that one time. It beeped until I got in the car and put the key in the ignition - then it stopped - so about 15 seconds.

I'm not going to worry about it - unless it does it some more.

·
Registered
949 Posts
dishdude said:
How many times did it beep? I believe there is an audible notification that goes off when you hit unlock if the alarm has been set off while you were away.
I think this only happens when you get in the car and start the car. So it's not like the horn honks. It'll also display a message that says something like "Theft Attempt Occurred" or something like that..

Hopefully it was just a freak thing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it was a freak thing. I was parked in my company's parking lot next to the open door of the receiving dock where someone is there all the time so an attempt to steal it is not an issue.
Still hasn't happened again. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought I saw some little green something jump off the steering wheel as I approached. :hilarious:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts